Replacement Pixel XL, How do I know if it's a Google Play Version..

mwest316

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have not been able to find this answer any where. A little while back I got my replacement Google Pixel XL through Asurion on my Verizon warranty due to burn in. When I received the phone I noticed the Verizon account webpage showed it as a blank picture instead of the picture of the Pixel like it should. I am wanting to unlock my bootloader, of course I am on 7.1.1, but in developer options the oem unlock button is able to be switched on instead of being greyed out, which makes me curious if this is a Google Play version and I still have some luck on my side. I have no idea where to check if this is indeed the Google Play version of the phone though. Where can I check? From all the information I have seen, if you have a Verizon version of the phone the oem unlock button is permanently greyed out, this one is not. I don't really want to run through the whole fastboot process and accidentally wipe my phone and it not even be worth it.

mwest316

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
And to piggy back off this, I just checked my son's Verizon Pixel XL, and his oem unlock switch is indeed greyed out. His is not a replacement phone.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't know this for sure but from what I am reading the only difference from the Verizon Pixel and the Google Store Pixel is the unlockable bootloader. So it seems you may have gotten lucky and gotten a Google version as a replacement.