Pixel Pros and Cons

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
We're starting an idea suggested by @sfoLAX. A simple thread that lists everyone's pros and cons about a specific device for the purpose of a potential buyer who wants a simplified look at current owner's opinions of it.

Please do the following:
1. Keep posts to a listing of pros and cons.
2. You may list as many of either as you like.
3. If you would like, you may add an overall purchase suggestion.

Example:
Pros:
-Good battery life
-Sleek design
-Beautiful screen

Cons:
-Physical size too big

Overall: I would recommend buying this device.

Joe920

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Pros
- great camera
- pure Android experience
- fast security updates
- fingerprint reader
- compatible with Google Fi
- headphone jack

Cons
- expensive
- rarely in stock (128GB model)
- no expandable storage
- not waterproof
- no optical image stabilization
- no wireless charging
- large bezels

Overall: best choice if you want a secure Android experience.

Keep in mind that Google may come out with a significantly improved model this year.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Pros
- Strong radios for WiFi and cellular
- Excellent for one handed usage (regular size Pixel)

Cons
- Can't silence ringer/notifications without having the phone vibrate instead or a Do Not Disturb Mode
- Speaker is average

Overall: I would recommend if you are seeking the best Android phone possible that is in a small package (regular Pixel).

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Pros:
-Speed. Fastest phone I've ever used. Period.
-Purest form of Android.
-Excellent and super fast camera
-Roomy (128GB model)

Cons:
-Camera May Be Somewhat Overrated.
-Not enough "features" to warrant the high price.
-Are the early Bluetooth problems really fixed?

I go between this and a Moto Z Force Droid. If you want the fastest, purest Android experience, look no further than the Pixel. If you need a little more "bells and whistles", look for other "pure" or close to pure Android phones like what Moto overs.

DinPA

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Wanted to add more cons to the Google Pixel XL. It doesn't tell you how many unread or new messages you have for each app. I had to buy another app to do this! Also, deleting multiple e-mail messages is way more complicated than it should be for a smartphone. You basically have to "press" on the body of the email to create a "check mark" on the left side and then delete several messages at one time. I miss pressing a home screen button at the bottom of the phone to activate the screen. All these features I would rather have than an awesome camera. SO disappointed in this phone!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to add more cons to the Google Pixel XL. It doesn't tell you how many unread or new messages you have for each app. I had to buy another app to do this! Also, deleting multiple e-mail messages is way more complicated than it should be for a smartphone. You basically have to "press" on the body of the email to create a "check mark" on the left side and then delete several messages at one time. I miss pressing a home screen button at the bottom of the phone to activate the screen. All these features I would rather have than an awesome camera. SO disappointed in this phone!

Re: email, wouldn't that be the case with all Android phones? Are you referring to the Gmail app?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch