Home screen date/weather display

Salforal

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Until today all I had displayed at the top right of my home screen was the date. After fannying round with Maps trying to help someone, I know have weather info with the date displayed underneath in a smaller font.

I've tried stopping the weather feed and restarting the phone to no avail. I don't want or need the weather and I had become used to and was perfectly happy with the date only being displayed.

How do I stop the weather info being displayed? Everything is up-to-date, stock Android.

Thanks in advance.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for just the opposite. My weather has disappeared from the time widget. Don't know what happened but I'd like to know how to get it back.

peter nde63h

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm looking for just the opposite. My weather has disappeared from the time widget. Don't know what happened but I'd like to know how to get it back.
I encountered this problem before and I solved it by disabling the google app. actually it can't be disabled. it would uninstall recent updates of it and erase all cache data.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't know what happened but it's back and working normally. Maybe some kind of temporary Google or Verizon issue in my area...? I'm not sure but it seems to be working correctly now. We'll see how it holds up.

SabinaDeanne

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site

I think I might have found the solution. I noticed that my location was turned off, so I turned it back on and restarted. I also saw that Google had an update once I restarted, and I updated that. The weather now shows up again. I'm not sure which of those 2 things fixed it, but it's fixed haha.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been gone all week. None of the regular fixes have worked. No biggie. Gives me the excuse to go back to weather bug. Wish I could remove the date altogether though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non