YouTube Music "now playing" info no longer displayed on lock screen

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Recently, the YouTube song information that normally displayed on my lock screen has vanished. It might have been right after 14 and i didn't notice or around that time. It only show today's weather and the words "Daily Forecast" (which is new, right?).

I've done my search, read lots of Reddit but it's all pre-14. They talk about a setting for "widgets" that doesn't seem to exist anymore, checking notifcation settings for YTM (mine are all on), and one even suggests allowing -all- notifications to appear on lock screen rather than hiding sensitive info (that's not it and don't want that), and as expected, I don't see anything in YTTM itself. Finally, one suggested changing whatever setting conrols whether or not music controls are in the notification shade (mine do). No luck.

UPDATE: I am also missing the info on the always on display (AOD).

Anyone same? Found the fix?

P.S. Thanks to all for this great P7 forum! Totally awesome over the year!

Last edited:

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
No issues on my P7P with the Now Playing or the media player. Try cleaning the cache in the YTM app?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have had "Skip Lock Screen" on since I got the phone and song info worked for almost a year now. I think I see where you were going with that though.

My mistake - although I wonder if it matters - I was mostly referring to the always on display (AOD) like when the phone is sitting on a table. The song info is gone. I got the screens mixed up. I thought the lock screen displayed it too though. In any case, the song info isn't on either screen (AOD or lock).

@Aredubu 's post for some reason prompted me to restart the phone last night (I already cleared the cache many times). The song info came back! Then, this morning, gone again.

This is probably a weird glitch on my phone. I miss being able to glance over and see the song info. So, I am going to replace my phone! Problem solved!

(I ordered a P8P last week, not because of this)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter