Error [DF-PFA-02]

rolefourlife

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got my Nexus 4 today, have it up and running with Straight Talk (AT&T), still totally stock on 4.2.2.
Play Store app is on version 3.10.14

Trying to open up the Play Store but I'm getting this error...
"Error retrieving information from server. [DF-PFA-02]"

Any clues on why this might be happening or how I might solve it and get back to the normal Play Store home screen?
Haven't found anything on the forums or much anywhere else online.

Other notes:
I've tried clearing the data, clearing the cache, uninstalling updates, rebooting the phone. Nothing seems to work so far.
Tried connecting on WiFi and on AT&T data.
I'm still able to do searches for apps and download them, as well as updating apps by clicking "my apps". If I'm looking at "Installed" and I click <My Apps, it also takes me back to the error message instead of the regular Play Store home.
Other Google apps seem to work just fine.

Much thanks guys.

mikefly562

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Galaxy Note 2...just started yesterday night. I've tried data clearing, cache clearing, etc. I am still able to update my apps though and I can still search too. Hopefully it's an issue with Google and not my phone.

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I can click my favorites, search, ect. Looks like only the front page is hosed. The other Nexus 7 in the house rcved the new play store update last night. So I cleared the data and uninstalled the update, rebooted. And then.........still had the error. A small pox on you Google.

kcraiderz

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue on my galaxy s4 so cleared cache /reset no luck same issue it on 3.0....so I I have a solution for now download new Google play store 4.0.25 apk.file from droid life and it works now make sure in settings /security/unknown sources/ is check.good luck here's the link Download: Latest Google Play Store 4.0.27

Last edited:

rolefourlife

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get around to sideloading the most up to date version of the Play Store, but it must have updated on its own. The error is now gone and I have the normal homescreen of the app now.

So if you get this problem, maybe just wait a couple days and it will fix itself?