How long before uploaded games/app appear in search?

Mathusalemrex

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

New dev here, uploaded a couple of games/apps to googleplay, just wondering how long it takes them to update the search afterwards, as almost a week later a search by exact name doesn't get a result.

PowerLemons

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I found this page called "Application visibility & discovery" on Google's support website.
I can't link it since I don't reach the 10 post limit yet, so here's a copy-and-paste of it.

If your app is not appearing for 24 hours, please select one of the options below: I cannot find my app when searching by its name.

When searching on Google Play, application search works across title, publisher and app descriptions. It's not easy to refine the search results appropriately when it comes to generic words that also happen to be brand names or titles. Please note that our search results are constantly evolving due to improvements in ranking algorithms. When this happens, results for some queries inevitably change. We monitor queries closely to make sure we give the best results possible.

If you are concerned about your applications' visibility in Google Play, please note that there are several factors that may influence how an application shows up in search results within the Google Play store.

In general, when a Google Play user searches or browses in the Google Play store, results are filtered based on a number of elements. First, the manifest file and the device's hardware and features are part of how applications are filtered. In addition, filtering also depends on the country and mobile carrier, the presence or absence of a SIM card, and other factors. For example, if an application requires the telephony feature (as specified in the manifest file), then Google Play will not show your app on any device that does not support it, which is majority of tablets. Same with API levels: if the application requires a minimum API level 7, it won’t appear for the devices that support only level 6 API or lower. Furthermore, priced applications are only available to users in locations where we currently support buyers.

To find your applications in the Google Play store, you can use the following direct URL formats:
https ://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mypackagename
https ://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.exampledomain.exampleapp

Zinitter

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
It takes several hours after published, not longer than 24 hours.

Do you publish your app to production or still in alpha or beta testing?

timmy2702

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yea, same for me also. It usually takes me 3-4 hours to see my app got published on the store.

Also, as I see, google usually updates its service (like installs, google game play services) once every 24hrs. It is at a pretty random time for me. However, the rating system works fine and updates pretty fast!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non