Google Play music stuck on ways to play page, how can I move past this?

A

AC Question

Google play music stuck on ways to play page

Nothing has worked tried reinstalling, relogging acc etc... I'm on a nexus tab really don't want to factory reset. Any other ideas started happening a week ago while on a road trip.

SamsungS4TR

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Google play music stuck on ways to play page

I have the SAME PROBLEM! My Samsung S4 is running Google Play Music version 5.9.1854R.1904527 on Android 4.4.4. When I launch Google Play Music, every screen jumps to "Ways to Play". I've been controlling this app from my Chrysler 300's UConnect system for over a year with the ability to advance tracks, play/pause...and now, nothing will play at all. I uninstalled the APP (or rather, rolled-back the updates since you can't really do a full uninstall) and the same thing happened. Then I performed all updates and it still had the problem. I have no way to play music now and no forums have an answer! BTW, I'm not streaming music, I'm playing my local MP3 files that I dragged to my phone from my PC a year ago. Nothing changed as far as I know...HELP!! I need my music!

headsmaster

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
A late reply, but I just encountered the same issue when I was try to soft link the cache and files folder to my external SD Card and I screwed something up. I even deleted the APK, the Dexed Application, and the data folder with the cache, database, etc. Interestingly enough, when I did a full re-install, I still had the same issue! I did two things, not sure which one of them fixed it (or both) as I didn't check in between. Under Preference, I turned off all caching and turned on stream via WI- only. My guess is that really did not do anything to fix the problem, but like I said, I don't think I checked the operation after that. What else I did was log into the Music Manager on my PC and deauthorized my phone (device) that was having the issue, and viola, it now works and streams, etc. , even though it is deauthorized. Hope this helps someone as there were not too many posts about this issue and no replies.