Hw can I resolve my phone is out of space while updating Google Play service?

A

AC Question

how can i resolve my phone is out of space while updating google play service

i already downloading the apk of google play service but cannot merge to the oldest one. it say that i have out of space in my phone. my spec is. sd card free 3.36gb external sd is free 16.74mb

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: how can i resolve my phone is out of space while updating google play service

i already downloading the apk of google play service but cannot merge to the oldest one. it say that i have out of space in my phone. my spec is. sd card free 3.36gb external sd is free 16.74mb

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried to uninstall a few apps to free up some storage for the install? The phone is partition for only so much space for apps to be installed.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: how can i resolve my phone is out of space while updating google play service

Free space on your external (removable) SD card has nothing to do with space for installation.

Install this simple little app called Storage Truth. It's very small and will install in very limited space. It will tell you how much space you actually have left for installing apps:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=sa.storagetruth&token=6HwEr1a8

To make space you can:

Delete texts or emails. If you really have lots, this can help.
Delete or move photos, videos, documents, etc.
Uninstall app updates.
Uninstall apps.
Clear cache files. However, this will only make space temporarily as cache files will rebuild over time. Also, while clearing cache files won't hurt anything, they're there to speed up operation and should be left alone.

If you can't move stuff to a SD card, move them to your computer or cloud storage.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87