Why can't I make Google Play purchases on any account with my phone?

A

AC Question

Cant make google play purchases on any account with phone

Within the past 2 weeks or so I have not been able to make any google play purchases with a certain device whatsoever. At first I thought it could be my account, as I have a similar issue once in the past, but after calling google I was told my account is fine and I am able make purchases normally just about everywhere except for through my phone. I Only recently bought this phone (galaxy s6 edge) from my brother, and it was not yet updated to the latest version of Android at the time I acquired it. About 2 weeks after I bought the phone, I allowed it to update and after which I have not been able to make a single google play purchase whatsoever. I have tried adding and removing my account, clearing google play store and play store services data, uninstalling play store updates, making a brand new account. Nothing seems to work. I even went so far as to hard reset the phone and then try again, yet the problem persists. Does anyone know what the problem may be, or how to fix it? Thank you in advance for any help, it has been causing me a lot of trouble.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it give you an error message? What does it say?

When your brother gave you the phone, did he completely remove his Google account before doing a factory reset? Or is his account still associated with the phone in some way?

Muhammad Qasim Raza

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Same issue with me, it returns error that unfortunately your transaction cannot be completed at this time please try again. tried ever thing clear data of google play store, services and framework. With a new account i can only be able to make purchase of $5 then new account start returning with this error. Google is not so supportive in this matter. Please any help would be appreciated.

PurpleRoyal

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Same thing with me I've tried almost everything adding and deleting the game adding the deleting the payment method clearing data for play store restarting the phone and nothing has worked

Pascal Romijn

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Google Play. I have had this issue for many times. It gives the error (without reason) and tells to try it again. But it does not change. I talked to Google many times and i even spend 3 hours on the phone trying whatever they told me to do. After 2 weeks of trying again (just as Google tells me to do) they blocked my account because of possible Fraud. Send them all the info and they told me they could not unblock and also not tell me why not. I told them this is not the way you treat your clients and i openend a new account. Here I had the same error, but after 4 times try again it worked (1 time) To me it is just a technical problem with Google. After trying a lot of times to buy something I got blocked again and again after sending the requested info Google would not unblock me. I love it when they have security, but like this it does not really work how it should work. I buy my in app packages now with Apple. It works like a charm.

Krystyneh

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Cant make google play purchases on any account with phone

I was having the same problem but found a solution that worked for me. Follow these steps

1.Go to settings and remove your google account
2.go to settings then applications then clear Google play store cache and data
3.while still in applications clear Google services framework cache and data
4.restart your phone

Please note that after you restart your phone don't go directly to your game/app if you were trying to purchase in app. Go to Google play store first as it will ask you to sign into your Google account

Also the error message may come up again after you make some transaction but if it does just follow the steps above.

Please let me know if it works for you as it did for me (=

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699