Play store error 504

dustytobes

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi, having issues with downloading apps, anything larger than 20mb and I get error code 504, after googling most people say it's a gateway error or a storage issue however I have followed all the guides to reboot or clear cache with no fix and I have plenty space.

I'm at a loss trying to figure out what to do to fix the issue without a full reset.

Any help?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

If that doesn't work, try going to Settings>Accounts-Google, select your Google account, and remove it completely from the phone. Then add it back again, and see if that helps.

dustytobes

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi.

Yep both on wifi and mobile, and wiped the download manager, play store and framework. Still no joy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
FYI, wiping the Google Services Framework is generally discouraged by Google engineers themselves. Not saying that this is causing your problem, but it might cause other issues.

Sometimes Google servers have problems on IPv6--see what happens if you disable IPv6, either in your router settings or in your APN settings.

dustytobes

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I just decided to do full wipe, 4 days of the error was driving me mad, all sorted now.

Starting to think Android is like Windows, requires a complete rebuild once in awhile...

MichaelLutz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi, having issues with downloading apps, anything larger than 20mb and I get error code 504, after googling most people say it's a gateway error or a storage issue however I have followed all the guides to reboot or clear cache with no fix and I have plenty space.

I'm at a loss trying to figure out what to do to fix the issue without a full reset.

Any help?

Same here. All of a sudden apps like Gmail and Maps won't update anymore. Same error. Did you had any luck?

Rolfi

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Have the same problem, Facebook does not update any more, error -504. All other apps are still working. I tried everything I found on the net. Even after a factory reset, still have error -504. What the heck is wrong here.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez