Android Recovery "No Command" error

LaserChild9

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
I've got an old Samsung Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P900) which I wanted to trade in with Samsung for a discount on a new tablet. It has just been sitting on a shelf for the last few years so I got it out to check it all still works. The battery was flat so I put it on charge but after a while charging it wouldn't turn on, though I noticed that the screen kept flickering. I'd seen a few posts online that said to go into recovery mode to fix it and when I did I got the little android guy on his back with the message "No command".

I've tried wiping the cache and factory reset but each time I reboot I get the Samsung title screen and then it just goes blank, never booting into Android. I found a guide that said to use a program called Droid Kit, this took me as far as finding the correct firmware and downloading it for me but apparently, that's as far as the free version goes and it won't let me install it without buying the software.

Does anyone have any idea how I can repair the OS on this tablet? Preferably for free or as cheap as possible, I just need it able to boot up so I can trade it in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Legacy OS forum to the Note Pro 12.2 forum for more specific traffic.

When you get to the No Command screen, you often have to press another button combination to get to the main recovery options -- have you been able to do that? You mention that you've tried wiping the cache and factory reset, which would be two of those main options, so it sounds like you've actually been able to get to the main recovery options?

LaserChild9

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Legacy OS forum to the Note Pro 12.2 forum for more specific traffic.

When you get to the No Command screen, you often have to press another button combination to get to the main recovery options -- have you been able to do that? You mention that you've tried wiping the cache and factory reset, which would be two of those main options, so it sounds like you've actually been able to get to the main recovery options?
Sorry for the delay, not checked this for a while. Yeah I can get into the recovery mode, but nothing I do seems to be able to get the tablet to boot. I know next to nothing about android operating systems, but it feels to me like I need to reinstall the OS but I have no idea where to look or even how to go about that with a tablet.