Finally deleted my G+ profile

jyoti09

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Google+ is useful to people have their own site on web , struggling for ranking on Search result. Google gives preference to site active on google plus, they have option to create promotion pages on google + . Otherwise no use of this features in mobile or any where else. :-[

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Google+ over three months ago and never ended up trying it out. Over the past week I've given it a shot and it's actually pretty cool. I just don't see myself on there very often, though. Twitter is still where it's at for me.

bleedblue

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why'd you go so far as to deleting it. Then again, if absolute certainty is in effect ...

I know a bunch of people who don't even use it to post, share, comment outside of tthe hangouts. Or chords. Or whatever the hell they're calling it. If they would integrate it with gTalk they could have a way more unified experience, complete with group chats & hangouts.

I also hear people commenting on the lack of activity and such; clearly an issue of who you follow and what they bring. Through circle shares and half a++ed looking I have managed to find a lot of decent chatter, activity and thought. There is actually a lot going on out there ... just gotta find it.

Funny, though, because I've never created a FB account, so all I can go off is the annoying chatter and complaints from others.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why'd you go so far as to deleting it.

Why not? If I could go around and delete every account I've ever created but never use, I would. There's too much "me" detritus out there...and I'm not fond of the digital hoarding that goes on, the "oh, I might go there someday" or "just in case, I'll keep it" type of thinking.

If, some day, I ever decide I'll give it another shot, I can RE-create it. Doubtful, though. I just don't see Google+ as anything approaching a real success.

Found this to be an interesting analysis of how Google went wrong with G+.

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Why not? If I could go around and delete every account I've ever created but never use, I would. There's too much "me" detritus out there...and I'm not fond of the digital hoarding that goes on, the "oh, I might go there someday" or "just in case, I'll keep it" type of thinking.

If, some day, I ever decide I'll give it another shot, I can RE-create it. Doubtful, though. I just don't see Google+ as anything approaching a real success.

Found this to be an interesting analysis of how Google went wrong with G+.

I doubt Google is upset over the amount of people and companies that use G+. way better than FB to me. Too bad most people are scared to try it. But that's why there are choices.

Sent from my GS2.

AC LINKS

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like someone who calls Facebook my face....lol It is only when everyone is using it only then they give it a shot and get the wow factor. New things are always hard to get at first but once you and your friends start using it then you get to see its full potential. I use G+ everyday more than any other social media. If you would like to start meeting ppl of your own genres but don't have a clue where to start I would be more than happy to help. +AC Cruz oh and make sure you add androidcentral.

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I use both, Google + has far more relevant content for me and interesting discussions. Facebook is for hearing about someone from HS or my families bowel movements, G+ is for talking tech, politics, content discovery, etc...

The design is far better. Also I'd point out that G+ is still under 1 year and is lightyears ahead of where facebook was at 1 year. Different times I know, but it's moronic to not use G+ because your friends aren't there, your friends weren't on Facebook when it started too.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I use google+ because of the additional sync benefits as an android user. Google plus auto syncs all my photos and contacts along with everything else in my google profile. I rarely use the social networking side, other than giving a plus 1 to all sorts of stuff. All of googles features are getting more and more unified. With assistant on the horizon, the more of my services I use google for, the more beneficial assistant will be to me when it launches.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Daystrom5

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I love Google+. I feel that G+ seems to be a progression over Facebook. With Facebook it houses the younger crowd and then after a few years the user moves on to G+ for a more professional experience.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I love Google+. I feel that G+ seems to be a progression over Facebook. With Facebook it houses the younger crowd and then after a few years the user moves on to G+ for a more professional experience.
I'd agree with you. I'm a 50-something professional and most of the business people I deal with are Google+ people. Linkedin, I must say, is probably THE most popular for the older professional crowd.

I have a Facebook account, but only because my High School son made me one. Family and close friends only. It provides a window in the the lives of my nieces and nephews, but I'd never dream of including professional associates on something like Facebook.

The ability of Google+ to keep associates/friends/acquaintances in related circles is much more intuitive and useful.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Google+. I did think that it was better than facebook and twitter. I really liked that I could communicate to people in my area that I didn't know. It wass the most social networking I had ever done. Unfortunately, the social networking scene has gotten old for me. Google+ was by far the best experience I had ever had in the social networking space, but it too got old. I don't use any social networking applications anymore. I get the urge to create an account every once in a while, but then my better judgement takes over.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Deleted mine as well. Not interested in the social networking scene any longer. But I did think that Google+ was better than facebook and twitter.

Try Linkedin. It's more of a straight business contact list. No social content... all professional/business.

It's prudent to keep a network of business contacts. You never know when you need to reach out for help... or can provide help. I've always kept a network of contacts... about 30 years now. Luckily I have not needed them personally, but have helped many in their job search. Now that my nieces and nephews are graduating college, my network has been able to help them as well.

Over the years, who you know has become more important than what you know. Don't get me wrong, who you knew was always important, but not nearly as important as it is today. There are just so many people out there with skills.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Try Linkedin. It's more of a straight business contact list. No social content... all professional/business.

It's prudent to keep a network of business contacts. You never know when you need to reach out for help... or can provide help. I've always kept a network of contacts... about 30 years now. Luckily I have not needed them personally, but have helped many in their job search. Now that my nieces and nephews are graduating college, my network has been able to help them as well.

Over the years, who you know has become more important than what you know. Don't get me wrong, who you knew was always important, but not nearly as important as it is today. There are just so many people out there with skills.

LinkedIn wouldnt help me. The field I'm in really doesn't require that type of networking.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
My problem with linked in is people try to use it like Facebook and I'm not looking to monitor another news feed. That's why I like google+. Keep it simple. I want to read your content and see your profile. I don't need to see your wall to wall with your ex girlfriend or timeline. Although that does make for a great Saturday night with a bowl of popcorn and mike & ikes.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My problem with linked in is people try to use it like Facebook and I'm not looking to monitor another news feed. That's why I like google+. Keep it simple. I want to read your content and see your profile. I don't need to see your wall to wall with your ex girlfriend or timeline. Although that does make for a great Saturday night with a bowl of popcorn and mike & ikes.

?!

I think you are confusing Linked-in with something else. There's no "wall." You can join a group discussion if one interests you, but YOU decide what you join and the discussion is limited to that topic. Linked-in is just a network of connections. You home page is essentially your resume. It's not, by any stretch of the imagination, anything like facebook.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
No, it's linked in. People post on the group pages too much. Or maybe I'm just lucky enough to be part of those groups. I don't really need it anyway. Twitter and google plus are more than enough for me. If more people used google plus I wouldn't need twitter.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No, it's linked in. People post on the group pages too much. Or maybe I'm just lucky enough to be part of those groups. I don't really need it anyway. Twitter and google plus are more than enough for me. If more people used google plus I wouldn't need twitter.

Well... you signed up for those groups. Just quit the groups you find annoying (or all of them for that matter) and keep the account. With no groups, there's no fluff... just a list of contacts. Having a network of contacts can only help.

It probably matters what groups you join. I'm a member of two or three groups. Industry standards stuff I'm interested in professionally. Nobody ever uses them like facebook. Just professionals discussing the particular standards I follow and need to be aware of. It's actually a great source of info.

I have a similar thing going on in my Google+ account, only it's people I actually know and work with. Groups in Linkedin can have anyone in them. You don't need to know the other people.