Tasker/Automated app so when on selected wifi = airplane mode w/ wifi on/carrier radio off?

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am stock and looking to see if there is a way to use a tasker or automated app to detect if I am on either my home or works wifi. If so, then it would toggle the phone into airplane mode and turn on the wifi. If I leave those wifi zones, it would then turn off airplane mode and keep wifi on, but just go back to normal.

I am trying to force wifi calling when I am at home, as it appears when I am in my basement the phone still searches for the carrier signal and uses battery when its not needed.

I am not worried about leaving the house and losing the function of seamless wifi to carrier transition of calls.

I am not much of a programmer so looking for the flowchart to make this happen. I tried this apps free version and its pretty easy to use....
Full Version: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...on.ppam.androidautomagic&hl=en&token=lQBtRFmj
Evaluation: Evaluation

Thanks!

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I think I found it but it requires root to enable airplane mode I guess? See attached image of the flowchart I made...it throws an error it can't toggle airplane mode since not rooted I guess.

I had it detect if connected to either of 2 hotspots and if so to enable airplane mode, then toggle WiFi back on. I think if it was routed it would of worked?

7fcb2ac1223e124e7ad17739ec52098c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699