Hold on to invite? 6P firmware?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
As invites are pretty much instant today only how long can I hang on to an invite before it expires? I have two months worth of money on my GoPhone I don't want to throw away.

Do I need to be on a specific firmware level for the Nexus 6P?

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
As invites are pretty much instant today only how long can I hang on to an invite before it expires? I have two months worth of money on my GoPhone I don't want to throw away.

Do I need to be on a specific firmware level for the Nexus 6P?

Invites do not expire, so you have however long you need. There is also no Fi specific build for the 6P.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I looked into it a bit further and only hangup is there is no email-SMS gateway.

Not sure if that's a show stopper yet, Need to look into it but it's going to be a PITA to change it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I looked into it a bit further and only hangup is there is no email-SMS gateway.

Not sure if that's a show stopper yet, Need to look into it but it's going to be a PITA to change it.

Personally, I did not like the email-SMS not working... I'm sure Google will figure it out soon. So, I did have one work related thing that comes to me via SMS, but I just change the address to my gmail account and now I get an email instead of a SMS... it works.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
That will work but the issue is notifications. I certainly don't want all emails to notify so now I either need to figure out select contact notifications or just set up a email account for just notifications and hope it doesn't get much spam.

Or I could do something like pushbullet or notify my Android.

Next issue is email and push are all slower than SMS and require a solid data connection, unlike SMS. Some things I need to know about quickly and reliably...

Google doing pretty good so far, Google voice just got MMS and group messaging so I'm hoping the email SMS gateway is on the list soon.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That will work but the issue is notifications. I certainly don't want all emails to notify so now I either need to figure out select contact notifications or just set up a email account for just notifications and hope it doesn't get much spam.

Or I could do something like pushbullet or notify my Android.

Next issue is email and push are all slower than SMS and require a solid data connection, unlike SMS. Some things I need to know about quickly and reliably...

Google doing pretty good so far, Google voice just got MMS and group messaging so I'm hoping the email SMS gateway is on the list soon.

Gmail... no issues with spam, or any slowness. However if you like other services, then it's something you will have to work through with that email setup.