S7 on Fi?

anon(5356006)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be that you'd need to use the Sprint model, right? From what I've read, there isn't one global version like there is with the Nexus 6P, each carrier gets one made to work specifically on that carrier.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Other than Nexus 6, 6P, and 5X the only other phone I know works (kinda of) on Project FI is MXPE... WiFi and Tmo work just won't switch to Sprint. Lacks the software necessary for that function. Radio design based on the Nexus 6 so physically it could work one day if Google expands Project FI. The S7 likely has more barriers. Looking at the S6 for reference it has 14 SKUs (34 SKUs including edge, edge +, and active). Different SoC and carrier/regional specific radios driving factors. I'm not sure how many SKUs the S7 will have but I think there's no chance ALL SKUs will have all of necessary radios for best experience.... Some SKUs will likely work better than others. Some may not work at all... Hard to tell.

Posted via nexus 6p project FI

Karezza

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know if it would work?

Posted via the Android Central App

An S7 just released completely unlocked to all 4 major carriers. Model number ...930U..., search for it on Samsung website or best buy. I'm ready to buy it on a payment plan with google fi right now! I hope they offer it quick, but it will probably take them a bit to find out about it. How to let them know?!!!

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
It still isn't going to have full functionality, it won't be able to switch between carriers. I am pretty sure the 3 Nexus phones are the only unlocked phones with the tech needed to operate the SIM required for Project Fi to take advantage of all it has to offer.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Not to mention the reports of people having accounts suspended when they have the primary SIM in an unsupported device for too long.

kirbwrx

May 26, 2011
Visit site
An unlocked S7 or Note7 on Fi would be awesome! Fingers crossed they open the network to more phones in the future. You could always just have a data SIM in the phone and make wifi calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch