Galaxy Nexus app storage vs media storage

jraugh528

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
A quick and hopefully not silly question:

Regardless of whether Verizon's version of the Galaxy Nexus has 16GB or 32GB, I'd like to know about app storage. I had heard somewhere that Honeycomb allows applications to be installed on all available storage memory, not just a limited partition for internally stored apps and using apps2sd for the rest. If that's right, will this also be true for ICS?

Would this mean no more need for apps2sd?

Thanks
JR

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I read some were that it is not partioned like before so there is no need for app2sd because everything shares the same space so you can cram all the apps you want on there if you want now

D.J.

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
On a recent thread regarding P3Droid and his posting of pics on Twitter, it appears (subject to tons of interpretation in the thread) that the G-Nex has 16GB onboard. The debate is centering on whether the pics represent Verizon's version, or if it's a production model vs. prototype.

My (hopeful) interpretation is that Verizon will offer the 32GB version at $299 for parity with iPhone 32GB also at $299 (which, admittedly, is LTEless).

The leaked MAPs do not indicate two different G-Nex models (hypothetically 16GB at $299 and 32GB at $399). I guess I would conclude Verizon is only selling one version.

Given the G-Nex is SD cardless, I would obviously prefer 32GB over 16GB. If I decided against the G-Nex, I'd be waiting until 1Q 2012. As an OG Droid owner, I'm looking for a phone now and the G-Nex seems to fit the bill.

dr_w

May 28, 2010
Visit site
On a recent thread regarding P3Droid and his posting of pics on Twitter, it appears (subject to tons of interpretation in the thread) that the G-Nex has 16GB onboard. The debate is centering on whether the pics represent Verizon's version, or if it's a production model vs. prototype.

My (hopeful) interpretation is that Verizon will offer the 32GB version at $299 for parity with iPhone 32GB also at $299 (which, admittedly, is LTEless).

The leaked MAPs do not indicate two different G-Nex models (hypothetically 16GB at $299 and 32GB at $399). I guess I would conclude Verizon is only selling one version.

Given the G-Nex is SD cardless, I would obviously prefer 32GB over 16GB. If I decided against the G-Nex, I'd be waiting until 1Q 2012. As an OG Droid owner, I'm looking for a phone now and the G-Nex seems to fit the bill.

What did the Samsung nexus s ship with? If it was 32 then there is no way they'd release the gn with 16.

Sent from my SCH-I515 using Tapatalk.

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The released specs indicate both 16GB and 32GB versions. Since no US carrier has disclosed this attribute, notwithstanding Verizon's announcement yesterday, I'm trying to figure out how it will play out. P3Droid's pic posting suggests 16GB, but debate ensues on that thread concerning the veracity and nature of the pics.

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I plan on upgrading my Incredible to the Galaxy Nexus and right now, pricing is my only concern. $300 is the most I'm willing to pay and I think that's very reasonable! If that means 16GB version then so be it. I'm not shelling out more then that for a phone!

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I read some were that it is not partioned like before so there is no need for app2sd because everything shares the same space so you can cram all the apps you want on there if you want now

D.J.

I'd hope that they leave some sort of partition on there -- otherwise what happens if/when you need to factory reset? Suck it up and copy all your media again from your computer? At the very least they should leave a small partition where you can dump stuff that you want to hold onto throughout factory resets/flashing new ROMs/whatever else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress