Rant: Thanks for Ignoring us Google

NorCalStorm

Oct 31, 2009
www.twitter.com
Cry me a river chap. I've had the same argument for the past 2 years. You got enjoy Nexus One and S. While VZW users were chafted. Its our turn. And its not like the other carriers won't get it. You just need to wait a little longer. Big whoop.

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon users always whine "we didn't get the Galaxy S2 so we deserve the Nexus..." WRONG. Its not like Samsung kept you from getting the S2, Verizon did. THEY decided not to have it.

If this is a deal Google made with Verizon, then shame on them, it was a stupid move because I know several people in my office alone that were going to buy the Galaxy Nexus for themselves for Christmas, but they aren't willing to switch carriers for it.Some will probably still get the unlocked version, but not most.

I personally think that at this point in time the carriers are choosing not to have it (yet). I very well could be wrong, but I would think if it was up to Google they would have pushed it to all carriers. In order to be the "iPhone killer" it was meant to be then it has to be available on all the carriers so that it can really compete.

If they think the HTC Vigor and Samsung Skyrocket will be enough for us then they are dead wrong. I couldn't care less about LTE because my area won't have it until late 2013. Heck, we won't even have the fake 4G until this coming March.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure Google gave the largest of the minor league all the consideration it deserved.

Considering it's actually had two Nexus launches, I'd say it was far more actually.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
How many Android phones actually had Bing? 2?

Here's a good question: Where would Android be without Verizon's Droid campaign?

Google doesn't play favorites. They gave T-Mobile 2 Nexus phones, Sprint 1, and AT&T 1, Verizon's turn now.

Finally, just when I thought I'd never see anyone address the fact that brought Verizon the exclusiive on the GNex, this time around. I don't understand how so mamy people overlooked, nary mention, that.

Mr. Orange 645

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How bout the fact that this is a phone designed to showcase software not only optimized for a dual core phone but also for one running on LTE. Verizon has the largest LTE network in the US. It only makes sense to choose VZW to show off ICS's capabilities on the network with the widest customer base able to enjoy all of its features and enhancements.

fogel35

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
How bout the fact that this is a phone designed to showcase software not only optimized for a dual core phone but also for one running on LTE. Verizon has the largest LTE network in the US. It only makes sense to choose VZW to show off ICS's capabilities on the network with the widest customer base able to enjoy all of its features and enhancements.

Not if you want to make money on device.

Sure it is a good idea to show off stuff but what good is showing off capabilities to roughly 100 million people when the rest of the carriers have almost twice that.

Basically telco carriers need to get out of the business of selling phones and get into the business of selling service.

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Maybe, but the fact is the international version will work for both AT&T and T-Mobile, so there is no reason why they couldn't just sell that one subsidized at Best Buy or even in stores. They already have a version that will work for T-Mobile and AT&T and the demand is there, so I don't know what is stopping them.

Honestly, I think if T-Mobile and AT&T told Google they wanted it then they would get it, so I think it is the carriers fault.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i have a theory - Google doesn't want to push and market the G-Nex too hard. why? because they don't want to alienate and sabotage their hardware partners. they don't want to cannibalize all of the other hordes of currently selling Google phones out there. so Google WANTS a soft, ambiguous launch.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've felt the exact same way towards T-Mobile since the Nexus One. I didn't post childish rants about how T-Mobile didn't deserve it because they don't have service everywhere, though.

At least you can still get the Nexus on your network. If Verizon hadn't specifically carried the Nexus, all of their customers would have been instantly shafted on getting it. And no, I don't at all think a Fascinate II would make up for that.

Sprint customers are the ones that should be upset. They're the ones that potentially may not get it at all now. And that'd be a damn shame.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non