Pre Orders in Canadia

StefanYFC

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I chatted online with a rep at Bell and she said that I would be able to buy it off contract the day of it's release.

I say that because I had serious trouble getting my Atrix on release day. I ended up having to get an early hardware upgrade. At least now I have the piece of mind I can just walk in and buy one.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to a couple of people at Bell that were convinced that Bell would be locking the devices. This seems wrong, but I don't like the idea of a $650 gamble. I have an existing Telus contract and just want to drop in my SIM.

Anybody heard different? Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Redefined

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to a couple of people at Bell that were convinced that Bell would be locking the devices. This seems wrong, but I don't like the idea of a $650 gamble. I have an existing Telus contract and just want to drop in my SIM.

Anybody heard different? Can anyone put my mind at ease?

I spoke to a Bell rep. today that insisted they would be locking their Nexus devices. I phoned up Virgin Mobile and they said the same thing as well. Likely going to have to find a third party to unlock the phone at a decent rate. No way I'm going to pay the $75 for Bell to unlock it themselves. I am on Rogers, by the way.