Anyone Know a Good Case?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Try www.seidio.com I have purchased several cases and extended batteries over the years from them and very satisfied with their products. They have cases for all the latest models.

sent from Evo4G

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
i bought Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible *Revision 3* TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (SCH-i515 & GT-i9250 & SPH-L700) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]

http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Fle...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1729159

mine was Revision 2. the product page gets updated for each revision. Rev 1 had covered power and volume keys. rev 2 cut them out (much better). no idea what rev 3 changed.

I love this case. TPU is the replacement for Silicone cases. it's harder than rubber and softer than hard plastic. im not rough with my things and my phone is in a belt pouch at work (desk job) and the phone fits in the pouch with the case on. when im not at work i put it in my pocket. it's thick enough to provide *some* drop protection but thin enough to still make it comfortable in my pocket and hand. it's so thin my friends dont immediately realize there's a case on it and they still think the phone is normal size thickness. i love the lip on the front so i can feel safe putting the phone upside down. i do have a zagg protector, too.

i have an OEM car mount from Samsung/VZW and taking the phone out of the case is so quick it hasnt bothered me having to do it every time i get in the car.

honestly were money not an issue i'd still buy this case. Alright Diztronic, where's my money???

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My preferred cases:

For wartime and charging beachfronts ==> Otterbox Commuter

For business/showing my phone off ==> Rearth RINGKE Slim (Alpine White)

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Otterbox Commuter, and just waiting for my Zagg to come in. It fits fine on a GSM Gnex, stock battery. Not sure if it would still fit with an extended battery. If it did, it would be pretty tight.

so some are saying it will fit the thinner GSM version, others say no... what is it?

is it loose with the GSM version?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
dancing-bass -

Don't install the Zagg. Take it back. It's just not as good as other competitors; if you're doing it yourself, then you don't have to worry about Best Buy or whatever. I recommend XO skin or Ghost Armor (I use the former).

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My question is.....is there any difference between the verizon and sprint gnex and the unlocked gsm versions of the device? Should I be looking to get a case that states it is specifically for the gsm version?

bryanus

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I took a chance and got a couple of these mesh cases off ebay and they are great. Super slim and look slick, too. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. I previously had (still have) a Diztronic rev3 but it added a lot of bulk to the phone, which I didn't like. The case has a nice rubbery grip feel to it, but is kind of a hardshell snap on case actually. Protects the edges and corners but not the full top and bottom. It's enough protection for me personally. I got a Black and a White for like $6 and currently sporting the white one!

r800z

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does! They've made first batch of cases which didn't have the cut out for noise canceling mic also the cut out for charger was to small I had one of those I did complain to them and they said that it was the old badly designed batch they sent me a new one which is the best case I ever had!