Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ question

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
not true. my local corp store scanned my imei number from my gnex, gave me a new sim and added me to the unlimted hspa+ data plan. I was presently on unlimted for iphone. I simply added the att us hspa apn

you should see billing code HSDPPB in OLAM

the only reason you see 3g instead of H in the status bar is because the gnex only uses hspa+ when actively pulling data. it took me a second to get the screen shot so it had switch hspa+ off by the time i snapped it. you will only see an H on the gnex not H+

Click to view quoted image

Can you post your APN settings! Those speeds you posted are the best ive seen!

TroyBoy30

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Name: AT&T US HSDPA
APN: phone
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: <not set>
Password: <not set>
Server: <not set>
MMSC: <not set>
MMS Proxy: <not set>
MMS port : <not set>
MCC : 310
MNC : 410
authentication type : <not set>
APN type : default,supl,agps,fota,dun

Name: AT&T US MMS
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username: <not set>
Password: <not set>
Server: <not set>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port : 80
MCC : 310
MNC : 410
authentication type : <not set>
APN type : mms

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I am using a iPhone 4S now and waiting for my Galaxy Nexus in the mail (should be here tomorrow can't wait). I will see what the speeds are when I put the sim in from my iPhone. What iPhone did you come from?

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a micro sim card adaptor. It seems to work fine with my Nexus S. Maybe its different in the Galaxy Nexus. Guess I will find out.

trixnrice

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
not true. my local corp store scanned my imei number from my gnex, gave me a new sim and added me to the unlimted hspa+ data plan. I was presently on unlimted for iphone. I simply added the att us hspa apn

you should see billing code HSDPPB in OLAM

the only reason you see 3g instead of H in the status bar is because the gnex only uses hspa+ when actively pulling data. it took me a second to get the screen shot so it had switch hspa+ off by the time i snapped it. you will only see an H on the gnex not H+

Click to view quoted image

agreed. i just gave them my imei # and they input me for the tiered 4g data plan. on a side not, you can confirm an hsdpa+ signal if you go into settings-about-status, and look under mobile data connection, when i'm in hspa+ coverage its either category 9 (san diego) or category 11(missoula, MT) yes i travel often between both areas lol. ...but neways ya, att's latest standard for 3g should only be category 6 or 7 (7.2mbps) and hspa+ is considered cat 9+.
Also, i do notice it only stays in hspa+ mode when actively pulling data and idles in 3g mode, which i think is pretty awesome.

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a micro sim card adaptor. It seems to work fine with my Nexus S. Maybe its different in the Galaxy Nexus. Guess I will find out.

I moved my iphone4 SIM TO my GSM Galaxy Nexus using adapter and it is working perfectly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

etechgeek24

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure H means what AT&T claims to be "4G" (aka HSPA+). 3G means the very similar HSPA standard. For some reason N4 says H instead of 4G. Maybe because it's not LTE?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez