Screen brightens then dims

curiousgeorge

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a new weird behavior with my GNex this morning. As I opened various pages in various apps the screen would get bright then dim again. It would get bright just as I opened a new page in basically any app, then after just a split second would go back to normal brightness.

I did have my phone in auto brightness setting so I went and switched it to manual and set a medium brightness. But the same thing continued to occur. I tried switching back and forth between auto-brightness and manual and it made no difference. I ended up rebooting my stock GNex and it went away. Now I can switch between auto and manual and it acts normally.

Anyone else seen this?

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed it brightened when I was going to take a picture. It actually helped me. But then when I went to edit the picture it didn't, so I had to brighten it myself, lol.

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have set mine to minimum brightness (a little more then '0'), with the auto brightness is off.
When I go to the Market and click on an App, I see the brightness in the App Screenshot window changing and then settles down, more noticeable if viewing at an angle. I accidentally came across this.

I also notice that when playing movies (I used MX Video Player), it seems to bump up the brightness of the screen, atleast the controls seem brighter than they should.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I had a new weird behavior with my GNex this morning. As I opened various pages in various apps the screen would get bright then dim again. It would get bright just as I opened a new page in basically any app, then after just a split second would go back to normal brightness.

I did notice this when I first got the phone but don't have it now, I suspect the 4.0.1 update I got fixed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38