Music not showing up in music app

datdudeukno

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I don't have google music completely figured out yet, maybe thats a start to my problem. Anyway, I had about 1500 songs on the old phone, put them all on the computer, then transfered them to the GNex. The default music app doesn't show any music files at all. Winamp used to be my music player of choice, so I downloaded that, and Winamp shows all of the music. It all plays fine and everything. But no matter what I do I can't seem to get the music app to show any of the music. I like the look of the new music app and would like to start using it, but if it doesn't work that's sort of impossible. I've been through all the settings and everything, can't seem to find any option to fix it. Am I just missing something?

aznlgcy

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried shutting down the device and turning it back on? Mine did the same thing but I tried shutting down adn turning it back on and then all the music showed up in the default music app. Maybe I was just lucky :)

datdudeukno

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea I've tried that several times. Just strange to me that the music shows up in Winamp. I know it's on the phone. Anyway, I work at for a Verizon Retailer, so I deal with these phones, and these sorts of problems on all different kinds of phones every day. My best friend also has a GNex. Works for the same company. His works perfectly fine. I've been through all of his settings and double checked everything in his. All the settings are exactly the same. This isn't the only issue with this phone, so I guess it's time for a hard reset. And if that doesn't do it, swap it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez