Geek Bench 2 Benchmarking Scores Galaxy Nexus

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone run Primate Labs' Geek Bench 2 benchmarking Software on any variant of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus? There is very little accumulation of Android Benchmarks using this recently released(recent for Android, that is) software. The Geek Bench result browser link is here. I'm a big fan of this cross-platform(Mac, Windows, iOS, Android) software, and would like to see what scores people are getting as I do not have my own un-released Sprint GNEX yet. If you purchase the app, let us know what scores you get. As a reference point, the following phones get roughly these scores(tested them myself):
Sprint Nexus S 1ghz Hummingbird ~ 410
Motorola Photon 1ghz Tegra 2 ~ 960
Sprint Galaxy S II 1.2ghz Exynos ~1125

If this gets popular for GNEX, we can move a thread like this to the Applications Forum.

Reactions: rdearth53

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have since run the Geekbench test multiple times on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus over the last month. Unfortunately, app does not appear to run tests that properly utilize the power of the GNEX, or perhaps it is limited by Ice Cream Sandwich. Scores come in well under the Nexus S at around 380.
Will update if developer changes app for ICS.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, Geekbench was updated to v.2.2.7 and runs well on new Sprint Galaxy Nexus(OMAP 4460) with ICS 4.0.4. Seeing scores around 1090. Not quite as good as 1120s on Exynos with Gingerbread, but very comparable. Will keep testing from time to time.

markbyrn

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I got 1087 on my Galaxy Nexus as compared to 1782 on my HP Touchpad running Android 4 via Cyangenmod9, 1000 on the new iPad, and 800 on the iPhone 4S.

Reactions: gunderson