BUG: MTP Doesn't show all files/Folders

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

There have been MTP issues with Windows not displaying all files in the past (when I used 4.0.1) where unlocking phone disconnecting and reconnecting etc will fix. Under 4.0.2 this doesn't seem to be causing me issues (although I do unlock before connecting to device now).

I have seen a new issue where I can clearly see files and folders on Android (in Astro) but not in Windows EVER. No refresh, disconnect, phone or Windows reboot will cause these to show.

As this has now happened to the same files on Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit WINXP SP3, this is probably a bug in the phone (could be Windows driver issues I suppose).

I use "Sync Me Wireless" to copy/backup the files to my computer, so to read files that is a workaround (and it appears a very wise decision given that these files are unlikely to backup with an explorer file copy)...

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happens to me. If I copy a new file to a folder, or take a picture and immediately try to copy it off, it's not there when I connect the phone. This happens in Windows and on my Mac. Usually it will appear after I disconnect and wait a few minutes. It's really strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY