Best Kernel for AOKP

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You may want to run it on the stock kernel first. Plenty of users here have reported good results with the stock kernel. If you're itching to flash a new kernel there are plenty of choices over at the Rootzwiki development thread. I've been running various versions of Lean Kernel the past couple of weeks with good results.

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
You may want to run it on the stock kernel first. Plenty of users here have reported good results with the stock kernel. If you're itching to flash a new kernel there are plenty of choices over at the Rootzwiki development thread. I've been running various versions of Lean Kernel the past couple of weeks with good results.

Have you tested it out with other kernels?

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I use lean kernel. It works great. Franco's is nice but messed with my media player

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I use Franco's Kernel milestone 1 now. Never had a problem with the media player.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AOKP and Trinity caelp. Awesome performance and crazy battery life with Trinity.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I use lean kernel. It works great. Franco's is nice but messed with my media player

I flashed lean kernel. Don't notice anything changed other than kernel version in about phone. This is my first kernel so not sure how to use it.

Thanks for the other suggestions

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if there is necessarily a "best" but I would recommend Lean kernel (stable) and Franco. I used Franco initially and then made the switch to Lean.

CDuke0619

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Franco Milestone 1 and downloaded his app. It works great and is always being updated when a bug is revealed

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
what do you consider crazy battery life? what is your average screen on time? do you have 4G on all the time? have you tried any other kernels you like lately? any with AOKP 30?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've seen people get 5+ hours on-screen time with some of Franco's kernels (this was over a 12 hour period while on WiFi most of the time). His r121 is probably the best to date, give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy