Galaxy Nexus won't boot up past color screen

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Please help! My friend's GN all of a sudden acquired an issue where it will not boot up past the rainbow color screen. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I want to try and help him fix it. I thought that it might be a battery related issue, so I was going to try that tomorrow. But I also read that perhaps pulling the battery and the sim card will fix the issue. Do any of you know if this will work? What will happen if I pull the battery and sim card on his international GSM Galaxy Nexus? Thanks all.
PS. He wants this fixed as soon as possible because for the time being, he is stuck using a friend's old iphone 3gs. AN IPHONE 3GS! :eek:

Reactions: asafar59

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Nothing will happen. You can even try booting it up without the SIM card first, just to rule that out. If it does boot up, power-off the phone (with the button, not yanking the battery), put the SIM back and try again.

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
You may have to do a factory reset then after all is OK then turn wifi on. If it shuts off and does the same thing take it back. I went through 3 phones my first day. Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez