Porting from Verizon to ATT

theproman23

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S20+ 5G and I recently ported my number over to ATT from Verizon and everything seemed to working fine with the exception of VM and few other things. After being on numerous calls and chats with ATT tech support they suggested I perform a factory reset which definitely didn't fix anything. I found the following thread and followed the instructions and I still can't seem to get the Verizon Software off my phone:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/g...-here.4054629/

I've used different versions of the ATT user data file and no matter what I do the carrier software version on my phone still reads VZM. I know the flashing process worked as I now boot to a Samsung screen as opposed to the Verizon one. I'm sure I'm missing something but after 12 straight hours of trying to fix this I'm running out of things to try. Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

PS I read something about the carrier info. being locked to the phone but the phone is definitely unlocked as it works for calls and texts using my ATT sim.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I only browsed through the xda forum so I this might be moot. I saw that all the model numbers were identical, excepting the one direct from Sammy, so this shouldn't be difficult. Except that it is. Have you tried resetting network services, clearing data from the phone app and the carrier services app, then restarting the phone? Have you tried all this without a sim in the phone then turning off the phone and restarting with the ATT sim? Or disabling these apps and restarting with the new sim?

I would think that since you flashed the firmware this should not be necessary, but who knows. Hope you can get this solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos