Straight Talk MMS problems

AnonymousUser

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
For the iPhone 4S, you can get MMS working by putting in a T-Mobile SIM (doesn't have to be active) then going into the internet settings and adding the ST MMS APN, then swapping SIMs again and saving it. The particular APN editing menu doesn't show up when you have an AT&T or ST SIM in it, but it does show up with a T-Mo SIM in it.

Theres plenty of info/guides out there on this method. No Jailbreak is required on the 4S (but is on the 4 and 3GS), because you can use this method.

Thank you for your reply in response to my dilemma.
I started by putting in my AT&T micro SIM into the iPhone 4S, as using the T-Mobile SIM was giving me an activation error & demanded I use an authorized carrier SIM. Once, I ejected it, I could access the home screen & Settings icon. With the T-Mobile Micro SIM inserted, I clicked on Settings, & once I click on Network to get to the APN, the screen goes back to the Activation screen again. I'm baffled.

Any ideas?

Man, I wish I could talk her back into Android again!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply in response to my dilemma.
I started by putting in my AT&T micro SIM into the iPhone 4S, as using the T-Mobile SIM was giving me an activation error & demanded I use an authorized carrier SIM. Once, I ejected it, I could access the home screen & Settings icon. With the T-Mobile Micro SIM inserted, I clicked on Settings, & once I click on Network to get to the APN, the screen goes back to the Activation screen again. I'm baffled.

Any ideas?

Man, I wish I could talk her back into Android again!

Well is the phone not unlocked then? Because if it's unlocked it'll accept the dead T-Mobile SIM and let you move around the settings to edit APNs. My brother and I tried it on his unlocked 3GS w/ iOS 5 and could go through the entire process. It unfortunately doesn't work on the 3GS (only 4S so far), but we were capable of doing it the whole way.

blb1980

May 27, 2012
Visit site
So you're creating a new APN with the given values and its not saving? What's it doing instead?

As in: Settings > More... > Mobile network settings > Access Point Names > Menu > "New APN" ?

If you need to get back the stock one, you can always hit Menu > "Reset to default" in the APNs page.

What to do when you can only send picture messages if the phone is restarted? I was not having problems sending pictures messags when I first signed up to Straight talk ATT Sim on Samsung Galaxy s2 i777. Now when I try to send them, they are stuck in the "sending" status unless I restart my phone which I don't want to do everytime I send a picture message. I seem to be able to receive them just fine.

cpatel529

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
So I have a few questions in regards to using the Google Galaxy Nexus with StraightTalk Service. I was previously using my GSM Google Galaxy Nexus (Model GT-i9250M) on the AT&T network. However, I was sick of the cost and wanted to try StraightTalk. In my area (T-Mobile is a better carrier) so I bought the StraightTalk/T-Mobile sim card. When I put it in my phone (after porting number), I am able to make phone calls and get SMS messages. However, data/MMS messages keep messing up. I have used the recommmended APN settings from straight talk and have no luck. I have another friend who is using StraightTalk/TMobile with a Android ICS phone and got his settings. Still no luck. Here are my APN settings that i am using:

Name: StraightTalk
APN: wap.tracfone
Proxy: not set
Port: 8080
User name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
MMS Proxy: not set
MMS port: Not set
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Auth. Type: Not set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
APn Protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

Not sure what is wrong and could definitely use some advice from people that have gotten this to work. Thanks!

Chirag

qRacecaRp

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So I have a few questions in regards to using the Google Galaxy Nexus with StraightTalk Service. I was previously using my GSM Google Galaxy Nexus (Model GT-i9250M) on the AT&T network. However, I was sick of the cost and wanted to try StraightTalk. In my area (T-Mobile is a better carrier) so I bought the StraightTalk/T-Mobile sim card. When I put it in my phone (after porting number), I am able to make phone calls and get SMS messages. However, data/MMS messages keep messing up. I have used the recommmended APN settings from straight talk and have no luck. I have another friend who is using StraightTalk/TMobile with a Android ICS phone and got his settings. Still no luck. Here are my APN settings that i am using:

APN: wap.tracfone
Proxy: not set
Port: 8080
MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
MMS Proxy: not set
MMS port: Not set
MNC: 260

Not sure what is wrong and could definitely use some advice from people that have gotten this to work. Thanks!

Chirag
I am currently waiting for USPS to deliver my Gnex 1 so I'm not positive but, it looks like you need to use the AT&T settings. I'm replacing a 3GS and these are my current (AT&T) settings (that are working for me).

Cellular Data
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:

MMS
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
ALT MMS PROXY: mms2.tracfone.com:80
/\ (this is what I'm using and it seems to work better, I had frequent MMS failures with the other one) /\
MMS Max Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL:

Also here is the support page link for ST (other settings),
Support | Straight Talk

tcournoy

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a StraightTalk sim (the AT&T version) and have no problems. My apn settings are:

Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
MNC: 410

Reactions: fhdavis

liquorishtongue

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I just entered these settings into my google galaxy nexus (with ST's at&t sim) and it seems like nothing has happened...Ugh I want to be a straight talk believer but this APN/roaming nonsense is more than a little insufferable. Want to habeeeeb.

azzhole69

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
i have the att straight talk sim in a gnex i9250 and have pretty close to the same settings as tcour and it works great
havent tried the tmobile straight talk sim

azzhole69

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
name: Tweakker
apn: att.mvno
proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
port: 80
username: not set
password: not set
server: not set
mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
mms proxy: 66.209.11.33
mms port: 80
mcc: 310
mnc: 410
authentication type: not set
apn type: default,supl,mms,dun,fota*
apn protocol: IPv4
bearer: unspecified
all these settings were taken off my motorola atrix 4g and work fine on my google nexus with android 4.1.1 getting hspa 15 and 8

ncsu2008

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I feel like i've tried about every combination of apn settings i've found searching. the people on this page sound like you only need 1 apn setting that will cover data and mms. a few of the folks on page 1 mention creating a second apn setting. one for data and one for mms. so which is it?

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I can only tell you that I set up two APN's so that I could try each. It doesn't seem to make a difference for me.

rcmcghee7734

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
for unbroken iphones you can use ibackupbot to change the settings to accept mms.

Enable Picture MMS on StraightTalk iPhones without TetherMe | Geek Help Guide

it's the instructs at the bottom. i followed them and got mms to work fine on my 3g.

however! it seems like you're s-o-l for a windows phone, try kik messenger. almost everyone has a smartphone, just talk your friends into d-loading the app and send all the pix you want.

Last edited:

Starr360

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I got my HTC Titan 2 APN to work on straight talk but I can't find the MMS setting to change all of the settings anyone knows how i can fix it so i can get MMS messages?

angelnhigh

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
We travel for a living throughout the midwest (about 16 states) and have straight talk sims in our phones (LG Thrill and Galaxy Note)....both work perfectly for voice calls.

It uses AT&T's network, so yes.

The only caveat is that there are questions as to whether or not they have roaming. Prepaid carriers usually don't have roaming agreements. Straight Talk, however, operates on both AT&T and T-Mobile (you choose when buying) and for that reason some believe you're allowed to 2G voice roam on the other network with Straight Talk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38