Next Google Nexus phone available on contract on AT&T?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Any idea if the next Google Nexus phone will be available on contract via AT&T? The current model seems to be only offered by contract by Verizon and Sprint and if I wanted to use it with my AT&T account, I guess I'd have to buy the unlocked version for $399 from the Google Play store. I don't want to pay over $200 for any phone and I don't mind signing a 2 year contract and keeping phones for over 2 years.

Also when can we expect this year's Google Nexus phones to come out? Is it always around the November-December time frame every year?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. Because the phone(s) will be available unlocked for use on any GSM carrier directly from the Play Store, Google is not going to deal with AT&T to offer a subsidized version also. Its just more red tape and BS to deal with. Not to mention that AT&T doesn't really care to have an open, un-branded phone on their network.

Buy it full price and switch to a non-contract prepaid plan. Save yourself some money and get the device you want.

We can expect the next Nexus again in the October-November time, just like the last 2 years.