Galaxy Nexus doesn't recognize the Car Dock unless power attached

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I finally got my 3 month back-ordered Samsung Galaxy Nexus car dock today and, while really nicely designed, I noticed that if you pop the phone into the dock without connecting power to the dock, the phone doesn't go into car dock mode. Granted car dock mode really is nothing more than landscape home screens, but if you just want to pop the dock up for a short trip you're gonna need to orient the phone in portrait mode if you want the icons to look right.

Just seems kinda odd, since the EVO 4G LTE recognizes it's dock whether there is power or not.

Some pictures posted on my tumblr site.

The Shag

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Nexus doesn't recognize the Car Dock unless power atta

Huh, that is weird. I don't have either phones, so I must ask if the two connect to their respective docks in the same manner? I think the SGN is a 3-pin connection, amirite?

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Nexus doesn't recognize the Car Dock unless power atta

Huh, that is weird. I don't have either phones, so I must ask if the two connect to their respective docks in the same manner? I think the SGN is a 3-pin connection, amirite?

Yes the Galaxy Nexus uses the three pogo pins for connection, the EVO uses the microUSB port.

xkon

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I got mine Tuesday. I love the thing, audio out is superb but the thing was sure tight to put in. It is loosening up now though finally!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress