Bluetooth gets stuck occasionally

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I turn the Bluetooth on, it gets stuck. It will sit there displaying the message that Bluetooth is turning on, but it never does. When this occurs, I have to reboot the phone. When the phone turns back on, Bluetooth is enabled. This happens about 10% of the time when I enable Bluetooth.

This has happened since I've gotten the phone. It occurred before and after rooting. It also occurred on several ROMs including the current one I'm running (Android Revolution HD 4.0.1).

Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Any problems with Bluetooth connectivity for me have always required a reboot. That includes every phone(i3G,I4) I have used. It's not isolated to the GN alone. That's not much help, but its become part of my routine.

droidgeek

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have another issue with bluetooth periodically turning on and off every few seconds or so.
I have rooted my GN and flashed it with Jellybean 4.1.0.

This is particularly annoying when I am connected to my Honda CR-V and I'm in the middle of a phone call and BT cuts in and out.

I never had any problems before with stock ICS 4.0.

Anyone know if this has been solved in 4.1.1?

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have another issue with bluetooth periodically turning on and off every few seconds or so.
I have rooted my GN and flashed it with Jellybean 4.1.0.

This is particularly annoying when I am connected to my Honda CR-V and I'm in the middle of a phone call and BT cuts in and out.

I never had any problems before with stock ICS 4.0.

Anyone know if this has been solved in 4.1.1?

Never seen that issue but the first issue with BT getting stuck and requiring a reboot is fixed in JB. That said there are several new BT issues that have emerged in JB that may or may not affect you.

Tacty

May 25, 2012
Visit site
i still have the same problem as op. mine galaxy nexus is not rooted and running official jelly bean. every once in a while bluetooth is just stuck there and the only solution is rebooting the phone, and after that bt is on!? annoying...sometimes 3g wont switch off when pressing button on power widget...