Galaxy s3 or galaxy nexus

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the S3 right now but the back cover is a big turn off, glossy easy to get scratches and gets fingerprints on it all the time, the nexus seem to have better build quality, the screen might not be as amazing, i mean if you load up the same wallpapers i think it will be since the nexus has 316 PPI and the S3 has 306 PPI colors are very similar HD S Amoled display. the technology hasnt change on the display so I would asume they are the same if set to same brightness and same wallpapers. performance is key too, of course hardware the S III is better, but software with jellybean makes it negligible, since fixes lag on the nexus overall, and that makes it same performance without the need of much more power from hardware.

Yeah, the back is ridiculously slick. I made sure to buy a case and the device has been cased since it was taken out of the box. I'm still a bit torn on going with the latest hardware or the device that will have timely updates. But meh, I'm content at the moment.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I found that in buying the GNex I had to break the "I HAVE TO HAVE THE NEWEST BEST PHONE RIGHT NOW" syndrome.

Then I got the Gnex, and not having a cell contract is like having a supermodel walking around your house naked all day.

Admittedly, having a GNex with the S3 specs would be like getting to "touch" that same supermodel.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the fence here as well.. Am not that savvy about the GNex that's available on Google Play for $350 now (can it still be purchased with the injunction?). If I understand correctly it's an unlocked GSM device so it could be used with TMo or ATT but only on the 4G HSPA+ networks. At $350 vs the GS3 on Amazon for $150 with an ATT contract, the difference is significant. So I guess the real question is whether TMo's network is as good as ATT here in the Bay area and do you spend MORE money to get a phone that gets updates faster but cannot access LTE? It seems to me that even getting a Skyrocket for cheap and eventually installing a Jelly Bean ROM might make more sense.. Call me crazy!

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm using T-Mo and it works on all of the frequencies, down to 2g...not sure why you thought it was only hspa+.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
the one direct from goog doesnt do lte as far as I know. I have lte and hspa plans and quite honestly I cant tell the difference for run of the mill usage...,,irony of course is that I live in a dead area.....lte all around me except the block i live on haha

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I had both phones..

the screen is better and it is bit faster ...

but-----------------

I sent back the SGS3.. for me it was all about the HOME button.. and the size ..

I use the GNEX for business /not for games and the GNEX fits it every category perfectly

Size wize/speed /and reliable

and once I get JB it will be even better

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I went back and forth between these two. After playing with the Nexus at Verizon and the GS3 at AT&T yesterday, I decided that the Nexus felt better in the hand to me, and I like the idea of not having to wait months to get the Jellybean update.

FletchBerry

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have made my decision. I bought the Galaxy Nexus today. I want a simple UI. I passed on the EVO 4G LTE and the GSIII. Sense is lame after my previous two EVOs and TouchWiz is useless to me.

I love the screen size and feel of the GNex!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums