Bell Galaxy Nexus - No sound from speaker

andy957

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
OK so I've had my Bell Galaxy Nexus for a couple of months. Went to play a YouTube video last night using the stock YT app, and, lo and behold, no sound at all from the external speaker. Did some research online and found this is a common problem, some people have had success with an app ($1.99) called Volume+ but I tried that and immediately requested a refund, it didn't do the trick.

Media Volume is turned all the way up. Totally ineffective.

It's running ICS 4.0.1, checked for updates and there aren't any (at least not from About Phone > System Updates, haven't tried yet through Kies).

Spoke with Bell and they're sending me an envelope and box to send it in for repair.

Anyone else with this problem, and any success with a fix? Thanks.

chuckiewuckie

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been patiently waiting for Volume+ to support Jellybean, but looking at the unrestricted spam that's sprouting up on the developer's forum, I'm wondering if he has given up. Too bad, it worked brilliantly until the JB upgrade. Last night, I uninstalled Volume+ and installed another free app that a reviewer claimed worked with JB, Speaker Boost. Unless it's my imagination, I seem to be experiencing a modest speaker volume increase, perhaps 20-25%. I've got the settings at 100% boost and ringtone/notifications, Youtube, and navigation sound more distinct to me. Maybe not as loud as my old Motodroid, but any improvement is welcome. So far, the only thing that doesn't seem to have improved is the voice for Ultrachron Lite stopwatch that I use for french press coffee brewing. If anyone else tries this, I'm curious about their results.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
OK so I've had my Bell Galaxy Nexus for a couple of months. Went to play a YouTube video last night using the stock YT app, and, lo and behold, no sound at all from the external speaker. Did some research online and found this is a common problem, some people have had success with an app ($1.99) called Volume+ but I tried that and immediately requested a refund, it didn't do the trick.

Media Volume is turned all the way up. Totally ineffective.

It's running ICS 4.0.1, checked for updates and there aren't any (at least not from About Phone > System Updates, haven't tried yet through Kies).

Spoke with Bell and they're sending me an envelope and box to send it in for repair.

Anyone else with this problem, and any success with a fix? Thanks.

Do notification sounds work? This happened to me. The issue is that it believes you have headphones plugged in. I've seen reports of people inserting and removing a plug in order to jar it. I left mine over night and magically it was cured.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper