Volume with 4.2.1

Sean Toomey

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

I've had enough. A few months ago I was updated to 4.2.1. Since then my speaker volume seems to be less than half of what it was. The speakers on the GN were never great but if I played a song to someone they'd be able to hear it. Now, it is really quiet on full volume.

In app equalisers don't seem to work. In fact, the volume gets quieter when putting the equaliser to max in the Google music app. Volume boosters don't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would root it but then I won't be able to use my Barclays app.

Thanks

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Google changed the code, so all the "booster" apps that worked before do not work with the latest upgrades. Do a search and you will find multiple threads on this. Hopefully the upcoming new phones will have better speakers in them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
In app equalisers don't seem to work. In fact, the volume gets quieter when putting the equaliser to max in the Google music app. Volume boosters don't work.

I started another thread with this observation. I am afraid there is no fix at this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa