Please help me! Downloaded 4.2.2 update and my phone has become near-inoperable

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I've had the Gnex since launch, and it's bugged me occasionally with signal issues, early bugs, etc, but they were all worked out in due time... what's happening to it now, however, is completely ridiculous. I get a notification yesterday to download 4.2.2, so I go for it... when my phone comes back... it's a DISASTER AREA. Everything is incredibly laggy- so laggy that sometimes the home button shows up as a loading wheel and the back button doesn't show up at all! I tap things and literally nothing happens. The keyboard won't even pop up when I select an entry bar! Every so often (with absolutely no provocation/indication of what exactly happened) things will work, but 95% of the time, my phone is essentially a brick.The phone is stock, unrooted. Has anyone else experienced issues like this? Does anyone know what I can do? To say the least, it's an infuriating experience. I want my phone back!.

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I've not experienced these problems, but my suggestion would be to try a factory reset. It resolves at least half of all issues, and someone on here will eventually suggest it as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2