text messages SUDDENLY appeared on lock screen!! Cannot remove or hide!! Please help!!

tandt007

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I made no changes or updates to the phone. I woke up this morning, after using the phone for nearly a year, and my text messages are now being displayed on my lock screen for all the work to see...and blocking my wallpaper. How do I make it go away??

In my attempts to fix this mess, I have searched for updates and the notification stated that everything is current. I tried numerous things suggested in forums, etc. and contacted support. The damn thing is still on my lock screen. Please help!! Thank you!!

Google Galaxy Nexus
Jelly Bean 4.2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you install Dashclock? There is a plugin that does this for it. If so, perhaps you should check the Dashclock settings and disable it.

tandt007

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I installed Dash Clock... I do not see where to make any setting changes...and now my text messages are displayed on THREE screens when my phone is locked, rather than just the home page. I don't want the text messages displayed on any of my screens until I open text messages!! Please help!!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I was asking if you had it installed uninstalling dashclock will put it back how it was before.
There's clearly a setting in an existing app doing this. After you get rid of dashclock, comb through the settings for messaging and lock screen and find the setting displaying them on the lock screen. Disable it and you should be back to normal.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app