Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By HereIsTom
  • 1 Post By Hobiano
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped.

Yesterday, my Galaxy Nexus started displaying this error message whenever I try to access the stock (and non-stock) Camera app. However, clicking on the Gallery works just fine.

I even went as far was wiping my phone (I run CM 10.2) and still encountered that issue. I searched and found this thread (https://code.google.com/p/android/is...sort=&id=42532) but nobody seems to know how to resolve it.

I searched here and found a thread in the Samsung S3 forums but nobody knew what to do either.

Anybody have an idea as to what's going on?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    7,416 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by lestat832 View Post
    Yesterday, my Galaxy Nexus started displaying this error message whenever I try to access the stock (and non-stock) Camera app. However, clicking on the Gallery works just fine.

I even went as far was wiping my phone (I run CM 10.2) and still encountered that issue. I searched and found this thread (https://code.google.com/p/android/is...sort=&id=42532) but nobody seems to know how to resolve it.

I searched here and found a thread in the Samsung S3 forums but nobody knew what to do either.

Anybody have an idea as to what's going on?

Thanks!
    It sounds like the error just started happening yesterday? Everything worked fine prior to that?

Go into system settings > applications > camera and click force stop, clear cache/data, etc.. See if that clears it up. If not, I would suggest a factory reset, clear cache then re-install the ROM and gapps. Hopefully that will fix it. As for an explanation, I couldn't tell you what is causing this problem other than another app may be interfering with the stock Camera. Possible consider deleting the third-party app you installed as well.

camera not functioning,it says Unfortunately, Galery has stopped. Anyone help please, my phone name is xolo with 5.0 mega pixels.
    Thanked by:

I'm getting the same error. On a Gnexus4 with CM 10.2
    I noticed it only happened when I was accessing previously uploaded files, seemed to work fine when I was only using local pics.

guys this is happening to all androids mine is the lg optimus f3 nothing can stop it i tried and went to geek sqaud at bestbuy no help so you haft to reset or get a refund

Lightbulb Re: Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped.

Hello, have had the same problem with the camera.
    I solved this with going to Settings > Apps > then tap on the menu button left below and choose "Restore app preferences".
    Now my camera App is working again!
    Thanked by 3:
    maremi and MexyCat like this.

Got a perfect solution! Download Camera JB+ it is a replacement for Stock Camera and Gallery and it WILL work on the lockscreen. It works just like the Stock Camera and doesn't have the Gallery error. And if you can, remove the Stock Camera and Gallery using Root App Delete which force uninstalls the app as well as other unnecessary system apps e.g. delete Stock Browser when you have Chrome.

Here:
    Camera JB+

Sorry if you call it 'piracy'.

Hi HerelsTom, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for your post above. I'm so happy. My gallery was closing as well & I did what you said & now my galaxy is back to working again. Yayyyyy. Thank you again! :-D

Thumbs up Re: Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped.

This worked, Thanks!

Thanks for solving this issue with your input HereIsTom

If you are stiil experiencing this issue try removing the sd card if you have one and then try the gallery. If it works then the sd card is the problem.

Worked thanks so much!

Av got same Prob with Galaxy Note 2 wat the hells going on

hi yuden!! go to settings>apps>all>gallery,, then clear all data!! then ur camera will work fine yaar!!

hi everybody!! go to settings>apps>all>gallery,, then clear all data!! then ur camera will work fine yaar!!

- - - Updated - - -

hi !! go to settings>apps>all>gallery,, then clear all data!! then ur camera will work fine yaar!!

How to slove my problem

How to alive problem

above mentioned error is repeatedly coming while stalking on camera . kindly help me to resolve

Thank you for the info. Did the reset app preference and now it works. Had force closed some apps that I never use and it affected other areas. Not even T-Mobile could help.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

same error @ Lenovo A3000
    Samspark likes this.

I went into

Settings>Apps> Highlight ALL Apps Tab> Scroll Down to Gallery> Clicked on [Clear Data] and [Clear cache]

This happened on my Dell Venue 8 which uses Android Jellybean.

Same happened to my Dell Venue 7 shortly after I bought it! I solved the problem by disabling the stock camera and installed a free camera apps; e.g. A Better Camera.

Posted via Android Central App

What finally fixed it for me was turning off "Tag buddy" in Gallery settings.

I believe what created the problem for me was the "Let's Tag It" app. As soon as I fired that up for the first time the Nova Launcher crashed, followed by the Gallery app.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Verizon, Android 4.3.

Thank you so much!!

I was dreading the idea of having to do a factory reset, but this worked perfectly fine!!

This worked, thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!