What are you replacing your GNex with on Verizon?

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I know this forum seems dead but my GNex is pretty much run into the ground and 4.4 Rom's do not run the best. It is time for my GNex and I to part ways.

I am on Verizon, what devices are you all replacing your GNex with or is there something in the pipeline I should wait for?

Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I went from GNex to the Moto X which was a pretty huge improvement. My next hop will likely be to the new X+1, which has many of it's rumors here: Moto X+1 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com.

The Moto line has a very stock-ish UI so there's no rough transition going from stock to Sense or Touchwiz, although to be fair those types of devices have improved a lot in the last couple of years. At this point we're very close to expecting either an entire Moto line refresh and/or a refresh to the Droid devices (Droid Maxx, etc) and it may be worth hanging out for a few weeks to see what those are about.

If you're staying with Verizon and can't wait for a few weeks, the LG G3, HTC One M8 and Moto X (for very different reasons) are the only devices worth spending money on within Verizon, IMO.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have CyanogenMod on my Gnex and it runs beautifully but I don't use it as a phone anymore. I also went directly to the Moto X from my Gnex and it now is just a toy for my 8yr old son.

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I went from GNex to the Moto X which was a pretty huge improvement. My next hop will likely be to the new X+1, which has many of it's rumors here: Moto X+1 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com.

The Moto line has a very stock-ish UI so there's no rough transition going from stock to Sense or Touchwiz, although to be fair those types of devices have improved a lot in the last couple of years. At this point we're very close to expecting either an entire Moto line refresh and/or a refresh to the Droid devices (Droid Maxx, etc) and it may be worth hanging out for a few weeks to see what those are about.

If you're staying with Verizon and can't wait for a few weeks, the LG G3, HTC One M8 and Moto X (for very different reasons) are the only devices worth spending money on within Verizon, IMO.

Thanks for the input.

I have been "out of the game" so to speak with new devices, since I have been perfectly happy with my GNex (running ParanoidAndroid 4.4). I can definitely wait a bit longer, I was just seeing what others have been doing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress