Sony NSZ-GS7 vs Asus CUbe

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of purchasing a google tv box. I notice the sony has some of the highest reviews on Amazon but I was thinking Asus has a track record of faster updates. Granted I have not been impressed with Asus's android products in general.

Also I already have a Nexus 10 with hdmi hookup. What would be the biggest benefits of a dedicated Google TV?

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting the Sony. It definitely has some nice features over just using an android tablet. The live TV guide is really nice and makes it much easier to find shows than using the more expensive u-verse guide. The only thing I don't like is that I couldn't just play a video from the shared folder on my windows 8 desktop like I can with my tablet. The only option was to use the es media player after I installed es-file explorer and it didn't work so great. Instead I had to load plex on my desktop which is working well now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just stepped up to the Sony NSG-GS7 from a Roku 2 XS... Love the difference.

I've been depending on Plex for a year now and it is a great way to extend the streaming content. :)

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of purchasing a google tv box. I notice the sony has some of the highest reviews on Amazon but I was thinking Asus has a track record of faster updates. Granted I have not been impressed with Asus's android products in general.

Also I already have a Nexus 10 with hdmi hookup. What would be the biggest benefits of a dedicated Google TV?

Don't buy one - You will regret it. I did, and I do. The Asus Cube is a turkey. It will NEVER be 'upgraded' to Jellybean.

Chris Gerhard

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Google TV with TiVo connected to the HDMI input is definitely the centerpiece of my solution for cutting the cord. I am finding enough to watch that I just toss the DirecTV, Comcast, and U-verse promotions I receive in the mail directly into the recycle bin without opening them. The Sony NSZ-GT1 and Sony NSZ-GS7 both see a lot of use in our household.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
We use our Sony all the time. It has its issues, but 95% of the time is problem free.

Posted via Android Central App and my Nexus 4 or 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty