Sony Google TV question

soner607

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased the Sony blu-ray Google TV unit and can't figure out how to turn on/off the cable box using the Sony remote. I can turn the TV, amp, and the Sony unit on/off no problem. The remote powers all other cable/DVR functions just not the powering on and off, still have to use my cable remote? This can't be right! What am I missing?

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased the Sony blu-ray Google TV unit and can't figure out how to turn on/off the cable box using the Sony remote. I can turn the TV, amp, and the Sony unit on/off no problem. The remote powers all other cable/DVR functions just not the powering on and off, still have to use my cable remote? This can't be right! What am I missing?

Why do you want to turn off the cable box? Doesn't it have a DVR function that you want to record shows unattended?

I have a Tivo3 and never turned it off.

Gunner

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
@kamtsa: When you turn a cable DVR 'OFF', it's not really OFF. It goes into low-power sleep mode. It will still turn itself ON and record shows as needed. I'm sure that's what the OP meant.

soner607

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
@kamtsa: When you turn a cable DVR 'OFF', it's not really OFF. It goes into low-power sleep mode. It will still turn itself ON and record shows as needed. I'm sure that's what the OP meant.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Thank you for clearing that up.

Lupismaximus

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The Sony Remote doesn't have the ability to turn off or put your Cable/ Satellite Box into sleep mode. This was a big over-site of Sony and a big complaint about the product.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non