Google Earth for Incredible - Still Nothing?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I'll be damned, it showed up for me tonight. I did the clear cache thing nothing, but when I uninstalled market updates it showed. What in the world......

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I'll be damned, it showed up for me tonight. I did the clear cache thing nothing, but when I uninstalled market updates it showed. What in the world......

Were you able to install it from the Market?

I had appbrain installed and when synced with the website it said there was an update for it, but since Market didn't recognize the App there was no way of updating. Now that Market recognizes google earth, I can't get it to download from it, what the heck!

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a hard time believing i'm the only one having these issues with Google Earth.....

I just tried to download it again from the Market just so I could be able to receive and upload updates, but I continue to get an error message about the file not being written correctly.

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Strange that it doesn't show up for everyone. Could it be a regional thing? Was there for me from day one in the travel section of the Market. More of a toy than anything, as for real functionality I use either Maps or Nav, but it's still fun.

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree, the app is purely just to wow people, but i'd like to be able to receive updates through the market. I have it downloaded, but through the link someone posted on here.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled the manually installed version. Later I cleared the cache on market and it showed up. I loaded it and it appears to work fine. The market version was version 1.0 (5.2.0.5608)

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
You the man! I did what u did and voila! Google earth uploaded with no problems, I guess having the other version didn't sit well with market

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If you install a lot of apps and start to run out of space on the phone, this would be one of the first candidates for removal. It is huge compared to any other app I've seen so far coming in at more than 22mb. The next closest app is Skyfire at 8mb, Documents to go @ 7mb, and google maps at 7mb.

Most apps are in the kb range.

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't showing up for me until I did a factory reset last night due to some other issues I wanted to iron out. Now it's there, topping the list when I go to the market.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
How do you clear the cache for the market? I thought I had cleared it, but when I went back to the search part of the market, it still showed the last items searched for..

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
How do you clear the cache for the market? I thought I had cleared it, but when I went back to the search part of the market, it still showed the last items searched for..

Menu>applications>manage applications>scroll down to Market and click on it, click on Clear cache VOILA!

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Menu>applications>manage applications>scroll down to Market and click on it, click on Clear cache VOILA!

Interesting because that is what I did. It showed that it cleared, but I didn't think it would still remember my last searched for items if I cleared it.

And google earth didn't show up for me either..

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Interesting because that is what I did. It showed that it cleared, but I didn't think it would still remember my last searched for items if I cleared it.

And google earth didn't show up for me either..

For Google Earth to show up for you, click on both Clear Cache and Uninstall Upadates (it's ok, trust me)....once that is done, go back to the home screen, hold the power button and select shut off (basically rebooting). Turn it back on, go to the Market and search for GE, you should have it now

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
It worked! Thanks for the help! :)

What is the update that gets uninstalled? The one that hides google earth? lol

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It worked! Thanks for the help! :)

What is the update that gets uninstalled? The one that hides google earth? lol

Must be lol. There was a rumour going around that whatever update that was, was reporting that the incredible was the hero or something. But that couldn't be true because some 2.1 only apps showed up also. So it must just be a fluke thing. Because I'm going on more than a day and the market hasn't told me it needs an update so go figure haha.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you install a lot of apps and start to run out of space on the phone, this would be one of the first candidates for removal. It is huge compared to any other app I've seen so far coming in at more than 22mb. The next closest app is Skyfire at 8mb, Documents to go @ 7mb, and google maps at 7mb.

Most apps are in the kb range.

You're definitely on the spot about this one. When I saw that it was available, I installed it, but it won't run. I get an error message about not having enough space on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23