HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My screen goes blank when using my bluetooth. Is there a setting to change this?

I found this question on the EVO 4G forum but there wasn't a resolution. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

I don't understand the question. I am using bluetooth to listen to music and Typing this on my screen right now.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

I don't understand the question. I am using bluetooth to listen to music and Typing this on my screen right now.

EVO - LUTION 3D

For example, if I am on a phone call using my bluetooth and my phone is on the seat next to me. The screen is black. So if I need to input digits I have to unlock the phone to do so. Also, if I am on a call and the person I'm talking to disconnects the call it does not disconnect from my bluetooth/phone. I have to again, unlock the phone to activate the screen and then I can end the call.

Sorry if this sounds crazy, I'm still fumbling my way through as I am new to android.

bluehorde

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is a joke. Completely died in 2.5 hours. I appear to be the exception. Also if I reboot, any app that is on the home evermore and the SD loses its icon. Reverts to the generic android icon.

The exact same thing happens to me! Both battery and icon issues. Its annoying replacing icons after every boot!

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
For example, if I am on a phone call using my bluetooth and my phone is on the seat next to me. The screen is black. So if I need to input digits I have to unlock the phone to do so. Also, if I am on a call and the person I'm talking to disconnects the call it does not disconnect from my bluetooth/phone. I have to again, unlock the phone to activate the screen and then I can end the call.

Sorry if this sounds crazy, I'm still fumbling my way through as I am new to android.
The screen is simply timing out to save battery like its supposed to....and it usually takes a second for the phone to recognize that the other line has hung up...

0n3_kn0WN

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

ya, so i knew the sprint coverage in my area wasnt top notch, and no 4G for probably quite some time. But i've had several issues, first starting with sms - messages plopping out of order. Ok, grabbed Handcent, worked much better. Then came email, not getting anything pushed from yahoo, even when at home on WiFi i wasnt getting any, switched to K-9, seemed to work initially, then has since stopped and is inconsistent at best. And last, is voicemail, never once have any voice mails shown up in the visual voice mail, and all of them are being transcribed as text messages, i did a factory reset on the device, removed all apps, and spent 2 hours on (and off because of spotty coverage) with sprint tech trying to resolve the voicemail issue, nothing works.

I hate to say it, but at least for me, ATT in my area gives me better coverage, and at least all my emails, voicemails, and text messages just plain simply worked with the iphone 3gs. Sadly, i'll be returning the Evo 3d, and sulking along with the slow 3gs until hopefully the SGS2 hits ATT at some point. I really like the device (hardware) but the software and network (at least for myself) is lacking, and im not really willing to give up features that have worked so well for the past 3+ years just for a simply better hardware. I'm really looking forward to moving to android at some point.

vimo119

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Speaker does not automatically turn on when flipping over phone, option for it is on, anyone else has this problem.
Also can the lock screen be disabled. I hate having to constantly move the ring up to type a message, it would have been better if I could just type while on the lock screen . Thanks !

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been using since my EVO 4G a visual voice mail app called You Mail. I really like it. When someone calls me and my VM comes on it states there name and says Hi so and so Rose can't come to the phone. You can set up funny voicemails for different people it's funny. So far I haven't had any major problems. The phone icon going away on the lock screen which an update fixed. Now one time screen looked funny and I saw these green lines or something just once and I rebooted and have been Ok ever since. My Yahoo stopped working so I have a desktop shortcut from Miren Browser to mobile yahoo and it takes me right to my inbox. I heard the app is a battery drainer so I didn't want to get it.

Also we had trouble when sharing a 3D pic to gmail being able to preview only didn't see a preview and download option just the preview but when we went to gmail and chose attach and attached it it worked fine. Downloaded and auto saved to gallery I believe. But going to gallery and selecting a 3D pic and hitting share via gmail and I just tried it twice didn't work. I sent a pic I took to my gmail and this time it said preview only and previewed in 2D but worked for my regular mail. My regular mail it downloaded and auto saved to gallery.I see it downloading as soon as I open my mail. Then I send a 3D pic to both gmail and regular mail that was a sample pic and in my gmail I opened it up and saw 2 of the same pics side by side already there with no preview button. I don't it's confusing but I also want to know is there a difference between MPO and JPS? I know the pic I took myself was MPO but when I emailed myself a 3D sample pic to see how I would retrieve it I noticed it said JPS.

But anyway I am not sorry I got this phone. It's fast as can be and I have so much more space for apps and I love the sense 3.0 I will eventually get a kickstand case. I didn't use mine before a whole lot but now that it's gone I miss it. I'm getting decent battery life better than my EVO 4G I believe and I am not worried about it. I bought this phone to do everything on it and I'm not going to not do this or not run a live wall paper cause of battery drain. I keep a plug at work and I have 3 extra batteries and 2 wall chargers so I am good to go. I have yet to swap out a battery though and see how the cheap ones work or even take the back off. I am scared cause my friend he had trouble getting his case back on good. I heard this was harder to get off and on but that once you get used to it then your good. But this is the best phone ever and I love it so much! I wish there were more skins and scenes. I have yet to configure all 7 of my screens yet and I want to make different scenes. I would recommend this phone to anyone.

If that works, fine, but the Sprint tech had conniptions when she asked, after a long troubleshooting session, if perhaps I was using Handcent. As I said, I hadn't made the connection between the text messaging app and voicemail, so I didn't realize that was causing the problem. Soon as I removed the Handcent default, everything worked fine again. Also take into consideration that my problem didn't occur immediately; I'd had Handcent set as default for a day or two before the trouble started. You may or may not begin to have trouble later, so keep these things in mind, just in case.

I don't know that I've heard the number of anomalies in a single model of a phone that this one has. My 3D's 4G radio wouldn't work at all when I first got it; a phone tech had to slap it around a bit to get that to happen, but others have told horror stories. Yet others are totally in love. Me, the damned thing has so much more memory and is so much faster than my OG EVO, I can't go back, no matter what. (It had me at the spinning home screens... :) ) But the speaker sucks, the voicemail volume is always too low, some of the apps don't show on the screen properly. There are issues, for sure, but I'm an HTC guy, so there's no jumping ship.

Not that you asked...

echoromeo83

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I haven't had too many software problems, but I do have a physical problem; a spec of dust or lint under the screen. I really really hope that more doesn't start to accumulate there. Does anyone else have this issue?

Director21

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

Yea I did not want to use an app, my yahoo worked fine threw mail up until yesterday when I swapped numbers.

lewc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to officially close the internet from within the browser? Pushing the back button leaves the internet open and running in the background. I don't like having to go to the kill app feature every time I want to quit the internet app..

Evo Longoria

May 11, 2010
Visit site

But anyway I am not sorry I got this phone. It's fast as can be and I have so much more space for apps and I love the sense 3.0 I will eventually get a kickstand case. I didn't use mine before a whole lot but now that it's gone I miss it. I'm getting decent battery life better than my EVO 4G I believe and I am not worried about it. I bought this phone to do everything on it and I'm not going to not do this or not run a live wall paper cause of battery drain. I keep a plug at work and I have 3 extra batteries and 2 wall chargers so I am good to go. I have yet to swap out a battery though and see how the cheap ones work or even take the back off. I am scared cause my friend he had trouble getting his case back on good. I heard this was harder to get off and on but that once you get used to it then your good. But this is the best phone ever and I love it so much! I wish there were more skins and scenes. I have yet to configure all 7 of my screens yet and I want to make different scenes. I would recommend this phone to anyone.

I used the kickstand a little in the beginning, but not much after that. It still would be convenient to have, though, but Seidio doesn't have a release date set for their kickstand cases yet, I don't think. I'm cycling the battery to try to train it but I'm only getting about 9 1/2 hrs a charge out of it so far. Not great and not as good as the OG EVO, which I used to b***h about, but I keep a charger in the car. The case, while sometimes resistant, is not that big a deal to take off, and certainly no problem to put back on. I've set the seven screens up almost exactly like the old phone. In fact, I've damned near xeroxed my 4G in every way possible onto my 3D. Creature of habit stuff, I suppose. Once I'm comfortable that I've got all my old stuff exactly where and how I'm used to it, then I'll start looking at the new capabilities.

I think in the long run, the good will outweigh the bad... and OTAs will hopefully correct the rest.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

The screen is simply timing out to save battery like its supposed to....and it usually takes a second for the phone to recognize that the other line has hung up...

You can put the phone in car mode to prevent the screen from turning off, if it bothers you that much... But I would make sure that I was plugged into the cigarette/12V charging port, if you're going to do that.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

You can disconnect the call with a tap of a button on the bluetooth device. It's weird so many having issues with yahoo. My yahoo mail account is working fine on this phone.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD