HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

phan9998

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

hello guys I am in desperate need of help I have been searching on net since weeks but no luck....
I have htc evo 3d with ICS hboot 1.530007 a week back the fone started to restart on its own and kept doing this many time sin a day then on day it restarted and then i was having the error of no signal i checked my phone information and it had unknown baseband no imei den i rooted the htc evo 3d and had CWM recovery but it didnt had any EFS folder as people were saying there should be in the root explorer. well I have been searching i dunno wat is the problem is it hardware or software or can it be recovered in working condition but if someone can help me or guide me I be very thankfull I love my phone and i want to use it again :(( pleasee anyone

Hey Farooq, will try to help, first ya gotta be honest, what did you do? Did you do a factory data reset, ##RESET#, have you flashed an incompatible rom, have you tried reprovisioning phone, did you flash a firmware in bootloader. C'mon now, shed some light on the situation- the truth will set you free! Please forgive charlie_hustle for the foolish comments, why roam an old phones threads when all you got to say is nothing. I suppose they're mad 'cause Pete Rose still aint in the Hall. Things may change(hopefully before he's dead), Pete's got a new book out. Anyway Farooq, need more info from you

Sent From Above Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Im a Cardinals fan first of all. Couldnt care less if Charlie Hustle isnt admitted into the hall. Second of all, my intentions isnt to troll him but there isnt too many people here with evo 3d's. This is a three year old phone has been showing its age about 2 years ago. I had one, i loved it and then moved on. The roms for this phone drags it to a crawl, and most apps will not run on it. How do i know, because my co worker phone (evo 3d) just died on him about a month ago and i gave him my wife's evo shift just to hold him over until he got the note 3. We got the phone the same day almost 3 years ago.
Its easier for him to get another phone, such as a gs2, or 3, or the later htc phones, from ebay or something. Thats why i made these comments. Some phones are worth saving, and others are more of a hassle. But if you need my help, check out the xda boards, there are answers there.

M Farooq

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

well to be veryy honest I didnt do anything at first my phone was restarting on its own i thought mayb its some app causing problem but its keep restarting again n again n one day it restarted and I had no signals ... so i checked the fone it had no IMEI no BASEBAND n no NEtwork information in it....i didnt knew wat to do so i factory reset it den still nothin den i rooted it thats it now I am stuck .... when in Hboot i check IMAGE CRC it gives detail like rpm: 0x61195DDA all in red and when I check SImlock it say fat31 oki but fail to open CID and MCCMNC files .... I dont know what the issue is please help me

M Farooq

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

well to be veryy honest I didnt do anything at first my phone was restarting on its own i thought mayb its some app causing problem but its keep restarting again n again n one day it restarted and I had no signals ... so i checked the fone it had no IMEI no BASEBAND n no NEtwork information in it....i didnt knew wat to do so i factory reset it den still nothin den i rooted it thats it now I am stuck .... when in Hboot i check IMAGE CRC it gives detail like rpm: 0x61195DDA all in red and when I check SImlock it say fat31 oki but fail to open CID and MCCMNC files .... I dont know what the issue is please help me

one thing more when I run image crc after that i c my radio and open DSP information on top of bootloader which goes away after that again

phan9998

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

one thing more when I run image crc after that i c my radio and open DSP information on top of bootloader which goes away after that again

You need someone who knows more about this, there are some kick@ ss people, very knowledgeable about your situation. Try pm'n ramjet, or someone you find that actually has went through this, wish I could've helped

Sent From Above Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Jeffmula

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
hey...i need help.. i have root and clockwork recovery ...i only want to know ,,lets understand .. how i can install a rom with android 4.4 and that it will work... i use evo 3d gsm..s-on... currently on stock rom with ics... i really wanna understand the whole concept involved in upgrading the android version to 4.2 or 4.4.... i have tried lots of roms with that version of android but always stuck in bootloop.........""does this involve kernel" thanks

Shylinee

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm sorry for not replying in relation to what you guys are talking about. But i really need help ! D: My Evo3D, bought 2 years ago has been showing this ' No service' sign past weeks so I sent in to repair & they said the mother board burnt and spare parts are hard to find so there goes my phone, no calls/texts. However my internet apps are still good. But when i got back my phone, my usual charger wouldn't even enter my phone. It's entering like 25% only. What do I do ? Worth repairing ?

Nath Caeser

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site

How do I disable background data and adjust screen brightness/time out when battery low ?

I lost these settings/options when I did an OTA update. (currently running sense 3.6 and ics)
OS services are wasting my data plan (about half a gig in about half a month)I've contacted HTC about this but no success. it's strange. when I had gingerbread and sense 3.0 adjusting these settings was easy but as soon as I updated the settings just vanished in thin air. so how do I disable background data ? And what is wl0.1 ? it's consuming a lot of my data aswell (almost 100MB)

Dewancker

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I've been through a few of these forums and haven't come across my question/ problem so I am posting here:

I haven't been able to turn on my Wi-Fi for a little while now. Just recently I tried doing a hard factory re-set and I am still un able to connect. When I go into Settings - Wireless & networks - and try to turn on my Wi-Fi I just get an "error" message.

I see this is a common problem for people who have installed new kernels and/or rom for their phones. I'm not really 100% sure what those are so I don't believe I have installed them on my phone/ I'm not sure where to look for them if I did!

Any advice welcome! Thanks!

phan9998

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I've been through a few of these forums and haven't come across my question/ problem so I am posting here:

I haven't been able to turn on my Wi-Fi for a little while now. Just recently I tried doing a hard factory re-set and I am still un able to connect. When I go into Settings - Wireless & networks - and try to turn on my Wi-Fi I just get an "error" message.

I see this is a common problem for people who have installed new kernels and/or rom for their phones. I'm not really 100% sure what those are so I don't believe I have installed them on my phone/ I'm not sure where to look for them if I did!

Any advice welcome! Thanks!

Unlock the bootloader through htcdev.
Root it, S-off it, install a custom recovery. Then install a custom Rom. You will have WiFi again, I hope. Yes, installing custom kernel or roms can cause no wifi, if using sub par developer's work. I believe the wifi module is bcm4329.ko located at /system/lib/module. I've also had problems with bluetooth not working before. But since you haven't messed with any system files it makes me wonder if that's a hardware problem. There's many great Roms for our phone. If ya want to try rooting there are guides to help you in this forum and over on xda.

Sent from above using Xparent Tapatalk