Regarding Dec. 9 no longer being the unofficial date

zmn668

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Like all of you I am anxiously awaiting the GNex as my release day Dinc has been dying a slow death. Was so glad to hear the 9th would be the day and I even arranged to go to work late like I did for the Dinc release. About 20 minutes after I read that the 9th was no longer the day my Dinc breathed its last. Today I'm rockin a hot pink flip Razr circa 2008 on my wife's tmobile account. If someone at Verizon doesn't take pity on me tomorrow and sell me the GNex there is no humanity in this world. I honestly might have to buy something else just to restore some semblance of my manhood!

DessVZW

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've spoken to my friend again (I quoted them in a prior post in a different topic, which you can see here), and he has said the following. Apparently, the 4G outage was significant enough (with a loss of 2G/3G in some areas) that Verizon isn't taking any chances with another loss of service, especially with such a high profile device coming out. While they were planning on authorizing a "soft launch" of the device sometime tomorrow or Saturday, they're hedging their bets and waiting until next week sometime to launch. While inventory issues have been reported, this isn't 100% the case: they aren't necessarily low on stock, but they don't have a supply worthy of a spectacular launch. Combine this with the partial delay they had originally planned (the "soft launch" sometime within the next 48 hours, followed up with a fully advertised one early next week), they're opting to wait the few extra days until addition stock comes in. This will allow them to monitor the network for any more issues for a few more days, while allowing the stock to be warehoused and distributed sometime on Monday or Tuesday. My friend suggested that most retail stores should have their initial launch stock sometime Tuesday or early Wednesday, with larger stores with existing supplies receiving addition devices due to the projected size of the launch (compounded by the in-store signage following the XYBoard launch) and the approaching holiday sales rush. Finally, the reason why Verizon has not notified it's employees of the projected launch date is due to their own lack of decision on the matter, but be aware that next week is the end of the line for them; baring any show stopping device issues, expect a launch sometime between Wednesday and Saturday of next week, for certain.

Edit: By spectacular launch and limited inventory, I'm referring to a large amount of devices to sell not only in stores, but also online. With the lower than wanted stock numbers, it makes distribution a logistical nightmare, as some stores may not sell many of the phones, while others (in addition to their online orders) may need more inventory than they initially had.

Your friend saw the same "communication" (let's agree to call it that) that I saw. Or he heard details from it. Either way... yep, this is what I heard. I was asked not to share all these details, but since you did, heh. There it is.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about sending this to Phil by PM in order to deflect the wrath and ire of all here...but guess I'd better man-up as a Bionic owner and take the heat. VZW/Moto have revealed that the long-awaited update for the Bionic data drops/black screens is to be rolled out on-wait for it...Dec 9th!

It certainly demonstrates VZW's commitment to support their beloved customer base by such willingness to honor the revered 'First Come-First Served' corporate culture!

[Duckin 'n runnin'!!]

rwullsch

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was in my local Verizon store one hour ago. I asked about the GN. They didn't have any in stock yet but it was supposed to go on sale on December 9th according to their computer. I had been there before asking about it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I was in my local Verizon store one hour ago. I asked about the GN. They didn't have any in stock yet but it was supposed to go on sale on December 9th according to their computer. I had been there before asking about it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Called all stores in my area again just now, all said the 9th is a NO GO and they don't have a new date :-(

Sent from my Thunderbolt

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm done. I'm going to my local store tomorrow (since my bro-law can't be bothered to answer his phone or call me back) and picking up a Rezound. At this point I really don't feel like waiting or being a part of this debacle any longer. The Rezound will have ICS soon enough. I hope you guys eventually get your Nexus and enjoy the first and last Nexus that Verizon will ever get :p

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm done. I'm going to my local store tomorrow (since my bro-law can't be bothered to answer his phone or call me back) and picking up a Rezound. At this point I really don't feel like waiting or being a part of this debacle any longer. The Rezound will have ICS soon enough. I hope you guys eventually get your Nexus and enjoy the first and last Nexus that Verizon will ever get :p

When the gn does release a few days later you will have to needlessly pay the restocking fee, when you return it. Deep down you know the Nexus will be a better phone right?

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The Rezound will have ICS soon enough.

Lol! You really believe that? I had the Eris and the Incredible and HTC is notoriously slow on the OS updates. The problem is getting Sense to work with any OS update. Sense is so intertwined with the OS that it takes alot to get it working right.

Don't expect ICS on any HTC phone before April, unless the phone launches with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen