[ROM][Team Hydro] Gelato 11-28 For Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Team Hydro] Gelato 11-28 For Virgin Mobile Optimus Slid

Try taking out the battery, then hold the down volume button down while simultaneously holding down the power button with one hand, then insert the battery and hold until in recovery mode. I'm not entirely sure if that'll work, but seems plausible.

yeah i did that got into recovery and was able to go back to a backup. i tried installing this again but actually following the instructions and i still get a boot loop :/ idk what to do

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah i did that got into recovery and was able to go back to a backup. i tried installing this again but actually following the instructions and i still get a boot loop :/ idk what to do

So by boot loop you mean it genuinely gets stuck trying to boot, and cycles logos back and forth, right? An extra long boot doesn't count, and call me condescending but there were several long boots in my past that got me believing my phone was broken.

Also, clear all caches first? Made completely certain you didn't clear data? This ROM did take a little effort for me to flash the first time, and subsequent times... If it doesn't flash properly once, there's no reason you can't go back and re-flash immediately.

Sent from my Wildfire S

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

So by boot loop you mean it genuinely gets stuck trying to boot, and cycles logos back and forth, right? An extra long boot doesn't count, and call me condescending but there were several long boots in my past that got me believing my phone was broken.

Also, clear all caches first? Made completely certain you didn't clear data? This ROM did take a little effort for me to flash the first time, and subsequent times... If it doesn't flash properly once, there's no reason you can't go back and re-flash immediately.

Sent from my Wildfire S

The problem i was having was i kept clearing the data.. lol oops.

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

i tried installing the hydro rom on my friends slider and it keeps getting stuck at the android screen. it will boot past the LG logo, but after a while at the next screen that says "android" the animation will play, freeze, then the screen flashes 2 times and then repeats.

i have the cwm 5.0.2.7 recovery installed, and did a factory reset through the recovery + cleaned all the caches.

has anyone else run into this problem?

edit: read that this happened to someone with the optimus q. for clarification, this is happening on the SLIDER.

Last edited:

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i tried installing the hydro rom on my friends slider and it keeps getting stuck at the android screen. it will boot past the LG logo, but after a while at the next screen that says "android" the animation will play, freeze, then the screen flashes 2 times and then repeats.

i have the cwm 5.0.2.7 recovery installed, and did a factory reset through the recovery + cleaned all the caches.

edit: read that this happened to someone with the optimus q. for clarification, this is happening on the SLIDER.

Are you applying install zip from sd. And not install update from sd?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you applying install zip from sd. And not install update from sd?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

indeed that is what i am doing.. lucky i made a nandroid backup before i tried installing so i have something to fall back on in the meantime..

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

This happened to me too. I fixed it by restoring my nandroid backup, then rebooted the phone to make sure it would load ok, then I rebooted back into recovery, wiped cache and delvik, then flashed the hydro rom. I rebooted the phone and it loaded ok. I think the trouble started when I did the factory reset through the recovery. The instuctions for flashing the ROM say to just wipe cache and delvik then flash the ROM.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying to get a sound file to play when the phone boots up just like it does in stock. I copied a sound file named PowerOn.mp3 into the folder /system/sounds/poweron/ but it won't play when the phone boots up. Is there a way to get it to work?

I can get a sound file to play when the phone shuts down. I just can't get one to play when it boots up.

Last edited:

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

This happened to me too. I fixed it by restoring my nandroid backup, then rebooted the phone to make sure it would load ok, then I rebooted back into recovery, wiped cache and delvik, then flashed the hydro rom. I rebooted the phone and it loaded ok. I think the trouble started when I did the factory reset through the recovery. The instuctions for flashing the ROM say to just wipe cache and delvik then flash the ROM.

just tried that and it worked! thanks

Katfood

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Chiming in to say that this worked flawlessly. First android phone since my stock G1 died over a year ago, and I had no trouble rooting, flashing recovery, installing the rom, and installing the new kernel thanks to this forum. Thanks!

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

First i would like to thank KSmithInNY for his work and effort on this ROM and I would like to ask if this rom replaces the faulty/incomplete Bluetooth stack that makes pairing a wiimote impossible on these devices. Thanks!:)

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

First i would like to thank KSmithInNY for his work and effort on this ROM and I would like to ask if this rom replaces the faulty/incomplete Bluetooth stack that makes pairing a wiimote impossible on these devices. Thanks!:)
I would say no.... Stock bluetooth stack

Reactions: noendernemesis
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

I appreciate your promptly response Jondevere... So you might say that requesting this modification is against KSmithInNY's intention of keeping this ROM as stock as possible, correct?:confused:

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Yes, as well as none of us own this phone, so to do such would me much more work that you would expect. Im sure if you have the time tho you could try givin it a shot, if you feel randy ;)

I would advise getting your hands dirty and developing for this phone. The more the merrier :cool:

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Although I appreciate your vote of confidence Jondevere, I'm a total noob at this Android thing. I've been doing some research about it and this goes back to the source AOSP Bluetooth stack not including support for HID, barely supporting a bit more than headsets. The guys at Cyanogenmod broke in and added the missing functionality, but that ROM is not working for all phones. On my simple and limited knowledge, it would seem like it would be a simple copy/paste of this BT module and/or data to a phone specific ROM ie. THGelato. Im sorry if i come across like a complete idiot, but again, im a simple user way beyond my boundaries here.. But to think that im missing functionality on my device because a developers oversight really bothers me...:-X

ryanthurman92

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

The kernel for the optimus slider works for the straight talk optimus q. Just for those who are reading this. Team aplha has a rom for the phone but you'll need to customize it yourself if you want it to turn into something special as it is pure stock. This is just for all of the lg l55c users that have been reading this forum wishing it was for ur phone :)

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I seemed to have run into an issue with re-flashing the 11-28 version of this ROM. I formatted/wiped everything that you can via recovery (all but sdcard), installed the .zip file for 11-28, I reboot the phone, LG logo appears, then moves onto the teal Android bootanimation, where it stays on it for a while before flickering. It flickers about 2 times every 5-7 seconds. I have flashed the stock ROM and that loads perfectly. Is this an issue with the ROM, or my phone?

zoomzabba

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

ok, so I'm getting "insufficient space" no matter how I try to install new apps. I flashed the Gingerkernel a week or so ago and got the time/patience to read the entire thread and flash the ROM. my troubleshooting process so far since ROM flashing:
>clear both caches in custom recovery
>reinstall kernel
reboot
>uninstall ADW
>uninstall SetCPU
reboot

Gettin no love.

Current idling levels (18:34 MST) 112MB free internal, 4.1GB free external, 241MB RAM free.
Running Droid X-Ray shows 432MB physical memory with 6MB(1%) free and approximately the same storage levels at the system list.

suggestions? is my next option factory rest then custom recovery with a cache clear somewhere?

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I seemed to have run into an issue with re-flashing the 11-28 version of this ROM. I formatted/wiped everything that you can via recovery (all but sdcard), installed the .zip file for 11-28, I reboot the phone, LG logo appears, then moves onto the teal Android bootanimation, where it stays on it for a while before flickering. It flickers about 2 times every 5-7 seconds. I have flashed the stock ROM and that loads perfectly. Is this an issue with the ROM, or my phone?

Don't format/wipe everything before flashing this ROM. If you do, you will have to reflash stock before flashing the this ROM. All you need to do to install this ROM is wipe cache and dalvik-cache then flash the this ROM. The same thing happened to me too.

Reactions: brian117

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

ok, so I'm getting "insufficient space" no matter how I try to install new apps. I flashed the Gingerkernel a week or so ago and got the time/patience to read the entire thread and flash the ROM. my troubleshooting process so far since ROM flashing:
>clear both caches in custom recovery
>reinstall kernel
reboot
>uninstall ADW
>uninstall SetCPU
reboot

Gettin no love.

Current idling levels (18:34 MST) 112MB free internal, 4.1GB free external, 241MB RAM free.
Running Droid X-Ray shows 432MB physical memory with 6MB(1%) free and approximately the same storage levels at the system list.

suggestions? is my next option factory rest then custom recovery with a cache clear somewhere?

Try clearing market cache and market data. Also I read of a solution to this problem on the Optimus V thread. You may need to search that thread for the solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit