US Z Fold 3 BETA Update Links and more

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I posted this as a response to a thread and thought it needed it's own.

1. Please don't quote this post, I will be updating it a lot and quotes don't update
2. Keep checking this OP, I am editing and updating as I get new information
3. Tag me if something is not updated and you have new information in a response so people can have it and I will TRY and update this OP as much as I can. I do have a job, so that comes first, but I will keep an eye here and other places for updates.

Here is the link for the US Beta users (US ONLY)...

NOTE: It appears that if you are carrier locked, you will not be able to flash this - UNLESS - you first flash the Unlocked Firmware (your phone does not have to be unlocked, but on the non-carrier firmware). Flashing firmware this way WILL WIPE your device, however, the update.zip will NOT.

News: At this stage in the game, it appears that on US models, Android 12 with OneUI 4.x will NOT enable eSIM support.

European models it appears to work (or keep working) without fail.

This is for Android 12 (NOT 12L) and OneUI 4.0 Beta

Be warned:

1. There are some issues with installation that SOME users have had (stops at 47% and will not continue): This does NOT brick your phone, reboot and you will remain on Android 11, there is no fix at this time for it.
Update: Looks like this happens when you have a US Phone/Firmware but a NON-US SIM - Still gathering details on this one

Update: International Owners ( F926B )
If someone is having trouble with the 47% error while ADB sideloading , you MUST USE this file name:
cb9fbd13294b441aa85428c3b3b62303.bin
There is a signature verification , so that name is needed to complete that step of the process , before updating

2. Users have reported that 120Hz refresh on OUTER screen is broken, some others state they are okay, so keep an eye on this.
Update - Confirmed Fix: Looks like clearing PHONE CACHE (via bootloader) at least TWICE fixes this issue for most people
Update: For all of those who see this bug, just go to Settings-Display-Motion smoothness, and set it back to Standard for a second, then back to Adaptive. 120Hz will work just fine on the cover screen after that (verified with refresh rate debug overlay). - If this does not work, use above tip, that one seems reliable.

3. Some users state that once you flash the beta, revert back to 11 and then open Samsung Members App, you will see a proper invite to the Beta - This actually makes sense as you need to have the Unlocked Firmware, so the assumption here is that if you revert back to a carrier locked version, you will not see the Beta invite unless they open it with carriers.

4. It appears that failures in flashing can also be contributed to what update your Android 11 is on as well:
US: You need to be on the September 14 build to flash
International: Looks like expected build date is October 14 or the most recent
NOTE: These are NOT 100% confirmed, but observed

http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net...47:15&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA==

To Sideload:
  • Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
    https://www.stechguide.com/how-to-i...ired files to a particular location. See More.
    └ Minimal ADB does *not* appear to work to serve the update.zip to this phone. You may need to download the full and proper ADB package from Google.
  • Download the OTA update .zip file on your PC and rename it to update.zip.
  • Enable USB debugging:
    └ Go to your phone’s settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” Seven times. This will enable Developer options on your phone.
    └ Now go to Settings » Developer options » and tick the USB debugging check box.
  • Connect your phone to PC.
  • Now open the folder where you downloaded the update.zip file and then open a command window inside the folder. To do that, do a “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
  • Now issue the following command into the command window to reboot your device into recovery mode: adb reboot recovery
    └ Check your phone’s screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK/Yes.
  • Once in recovery mode, use Volume buttons to navigate up and down between options and Power button to select an option.
  • Select the “Apply update from ADB” option.
  • Now issue the following command to finally begin installing the OTA: adb sideload update.zip
    └ This will begin the OTA installation.
  • Once the OTA zip is installed, the phone will auto reboot..it will take a little while for it to boot do not worry it is normal.

Last edited:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You know, the more and more I read peoples experiences with this, I REALLY want to apply this update, but I am just not in the mood to flash a new firmware, flash the update and restore all my data to the phone.

This is one time I REALLY REALLY wish I had an SD Card in my phone. LOL!

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why you would have to restore your data after flashing to beta software. Explain please...

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why you would have to restore your data after flashing to beta software. Explain please...

If you have a carrier locked version in the US (T-Mobile, AT&T and so forth), you MUST flash the Samsung UNLOCKED Firmware to your phone BEFORE you can use the update.zip. Doing this wipes your data and you have to restore.

Flashing the update.zip does NOT wipe data.

Thought I explained this in the NOTE section in my OP. :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Beta you won't have to restore data , but if your coming from carrier to unlock version it will factory reset so you would have to restore data if you choose so then update to beta .

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone noticing issues with being able to download and install app updates or new apps on their phones once on beta firmware through Google Play store? I have tried all of the normal fixes for this and can't get it.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone noticing issues with being able to download and install app updates or new apps on their phones once on beta firmware through Google Play store? I have tried all of the normal fixes for this and can't get it.

Yeah, the more and more users that are using this, there have been some really weird issues being reported.

Everything from Samsung/Google PAY not working for some to issues like what you are reporting with the Play Store having issues.

Some people are stating that wiping cache/data (this WILL reset your phone/data) fixes it to just wiping data/cache on the apps and setting them back up seems top fix various issues with apps.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the more and more users that are using this, there have been some really weird issues being reported.

Everything from Samsung/Google PAY not working for some to issues like what you are reporting with the Play Store having issues.

Some people are stating that wiping cache/data (this WILL reset your phone/data) fixes it to just wiping data/cache on the apps and setting them back up seems top fix various issues with apps.
Yeah, I've tried the cache and data wipe for Google play services and Google play store, but not for the phone yet. May have to try that one next....or I'll wait till next update a d see if it fixes it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Did you sideload beta or registered?

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Ahh ok , sometimes with beta a factory reset fixes things not sure u want go that route or wait if next update fixes it
Yeah, not sure just yet. Such a pain resetting up everything. Will see. May wait till next beta and just see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter