[ICS][4.0.4][4/2] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ICS][4.0.4] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

I unlocked and flashed the leak 4.0.4 and I was getting the status 7 error as well. I used Wug's tool kit to go back to stock 4.0.2. I followed that up by wiping cache partition and dalvik cache. Ran clockwork and finally flashed the new 4.0.4 and it's working fine so far. .:cool:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

SFGiants 2010

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

So not-rooted and locked. Bone stock. What should I do to update without losing all of my data?

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

So not-rooted and locked. Bone stock. What should I do to update without losing all of my data?

Transfer all your files (pictures, music, ect) manually to your computer. If you are new to rooting and whatnot like I am then I suggest using Wug's tool kit since it's the easiest way to do so. You can also back up your data with it.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Wait for the OTA to hit your device. If your looking to maintain your locked non-rooted status.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Kind of funny for Google to pull the update. The cat is already out of the bag. No going back unless there are new bugs with this update.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

So where do we get the updated FC radios?
I am running AOKP but want to update to FC from my FA baseband....

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Kind of funny for Google to pull the update. The cat is already out of the bag. No going back unless there are new bugs with this update.

Would be funny for there to be something wrong now being 4.0.4 was leaked months ago. I must say though it seems to be taking an extended amount of time to get this right

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

So I am not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I got the update and lost root, have tried wug's toolkit to try and root and it doesn't work. I tried su.zip and flash in cwm recovery and no luck. When I try to boot in recovery it just has a android with a red triangle. I used wug's toolkit to flash cwm and it does it but doesn't give me super user. Any ideas?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

This thread on XDA seems to have a simple zip to flash to any setup because he pulled the patched radios from his phone after applying the OTA.

[CDMA][Radio][Bootloader]4.0.4 IMM76K Radios and Bootloader - xda-developers

EDIT: Flashed it myself and it worked great.

We have the same/similar package available in the RADIOS guide in the development/flashing subforum ;)

I think i just hurt my phone o o

What happened?

So where do we get the updated FC radios?
I am running AOKP but want to update to FC from my FA baseband....

zero neck's radio guide in the flashing subforum!

So I am not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I got the update and lost root, have tried wug's toolkit to try and root and it doesn't work. I tried su.zip and flash in cwm recovery and no luck. When I try to boot in recovery it just has a android with a red triangle. I used wug's toolkit to flash cwm and it does it but doesn't give me super user. Any ideas?

Let me look around. Another user here said they flashed a version of SU.zip for 4.0.4. You would need that to re-root.

I've read that OTA RootKeeper has been hit or miss, BTW. If you want to keep root, I suggest waiting for a "rooted" version of this--which will undoubtedly come out soon, along with 85 different roms with the merged changes--or waiting until the proper files can be updated (superuser, etc.).

Reactions: JEvoUser

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
We have the same/similar package available in the RADIOS guide in the development/flashing subforum ;)

What happened?

zero neck's radio guide in the flashing subforum!

Let me look around. Another user here said they flashed a version of SU.zip for 4.0.4. You would need that to re-root.

Tried that with wugs toolkit, for some reason cwm and su don't stick.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site

The people that are losing root with Rootkeeper installed, is it maybe because they're wiping the device and thus losing the functionality of Rootkeeper?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Tried that with wugs toolkit, for some reason cwm and su don't stick.

Hmm. Let me hunt around. I know it's been hit or miss, and because of how new it is it might take a minute or two.

To the user that maintained root--can you link up to the SU zip and perhaps elaborate?

If that user doesn't reply I'll PM them ;)

The people that are losing root with Rootkeeper installed, is it maybe because they're wiping the device and thus losing the functionality of Rootkeeper?

Could be. I'd also caution to make sure people don't actually lock the device by accident. That would be bad news bears as well ;).

Oh yeah here's another thought--in the zip, take out the recovery folder so that CWM does not get overwritten. The user who had success with the flashable SU did that. So to maintain root, i'd try that:

(1) Before renaming the .zip, go in there, delete the recovery folder (there are 4 folders within the zip, one of which is recovery; if you have CWM--updated, of course--you have a fine enough recovery ;))

(2) Rezip it up, but be sure NOT to compress it (compression = not flashable :(), rename it to update.zip.

(3) Make sure the SU.zip the other user posted (it's linked) is on your SDcard, as well as the update.zip.

(4) Follow the steps as normal--then get back into CWM and try flashing the SU.zip.

Last edited:

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Anyone notice any issues yet? Im hesitant to install it being they pulled the update.