[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.5 (Moar fixes!)

Going over aroma installer, I've flashed many roms on my evo 4g that uses it but they all had to be flashed using rom manager because aroma has a built in installer eliminating the need to flash using recovery.
It reboots the phone into aroma installer not recovery for install, although it probably does run on top of the currently installed recovery.
This is just a stab in the dark I'm not sure if its 100% right or not but aroma is a script that has to be built into the rom zip file.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

AROMA Installer runs on top of recovery, and even works on top of Cannibal Open Touch (AROMA is not dependent on any specific software or recovery). I gotta say, AROMA Installer is a brilliant work of art. I've been experimenting with it ;)

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
AROMA Installer runs on top of recovery, and even works on top of Cannibal Open Touch (AROMA is not dependent on any specific software or recovery). I gotta say, AROMA Installer is a brilliant work of art. I've been experimenting with it ;)

The only main issue I had with it while experimenting was that you aren't allowed to sign your zip file. Only the aroma-config and update-script. But other than that I agree wholly that it is a wonderful piece of work.

Edit: that and the touch implementation was a little screwy, kept having phantom presses in an area I had been touching and moved from. I think it's an aroma problem though as it does it even with cannibal installed.

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I download to my sd card, rename to recovery.img.
Open terminal emulator.
$ su (return)
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (return)
Close term and reboot to recovery.

K.I.S.S. and let's me keep up with rapid updates. ;)

i try this just like you wrote and when i hit enter is says

"sh: flash_image: command not found"

any ideas what im doin wrong :p

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i try this just like you wrote and when i hit enter is says

"sh: flash_image: command not found"

any ideas what im doin wrong :p

Sorry. I found it only works on some roms.

Flash_image needs to be put in /system/bin and have correct permissions set. That's why you can't use it

Ah, it is included with the test rom but not others.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 + 6/11 patch & Tapatalk 2

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its the rom I was going to flash or if it was the recovery but I was going to try and test one of tdm's ov roms and I kept getting error 7 and it was saying something about build prop errors

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if its the rom I was going to flash or if it was the recovery but I was going to try and test one of tdm's ov roms and I kept getting error 7 and it was saying something about build prop errors

Was it something to do with assert and/or getprop? If so, it's not a bug in the recovery. Tell tdm to remove the asserts from his updater-script.

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Flash_image needs to be put in /system/bin and have correct permissions set. That's why you can't use it

well im running the newest hydrorom, so i put the img in /system/bin and set the permissions as everything else in the system area right? rwx r-x r-x ?

sorry lol just trying to figure it out

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

well im running the newest hydrorom, so i put the img in /system/bin and set the permissions as everything else in the system area right? rwx r-x r-x ?

sorry lol just trying to figure it out

the flash_image binary needs to go into /system/bin. then the permissions need to be 755

do it over adb.

assuming flash_image is on the root of your sd card (NOT the zip or RAR, the actual .bin file)

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

then, from inside android, using term emulator or adb

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/wwhatever_you_named_file.img
then you should get a whole bunch of output
sucessfully wrote block at such and such an address
should end with successfully wrote recovery partition
then:
# reboot recovery

that should work

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
the flash_image binary needs to go into /system/bin. then the permissions need to be 755

do it over adb.

assuming flash_image is on the root of your sd card (NOT the zip or RAR, the actual .bin file)

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

then, from inside android, using term emulator or adb

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/wwhatever_you_named_file.img
then you should get a whole bunch of output
sucessfully wrote block at such and such an address
should end with successfully wrote recovery partition
then:
# reboot recovery

that should work

When I flash the recovery I do not get any output or successful message. I just type in the flash_image recovery /sdcard/name of recovery.img and like 2 seconds later the # pops back up and then I reboot into recovery and bam, done.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

When I flash the recovery I do not get any output or successful message. I just type in the flash_image recovery /sdcard/name of recovery.img and like 2 seconds later the # pops back up and then I reboot into recovery and bam, done.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

over adb or terminal emulator? i think the output only appears in term emulator....

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 (GooManager support!)

It may have been asserts it was talking about, I know one of the lines had VM670 in it. I bet that is the issue

Oh, you're on an Optimus V. I definitely can't help you there. This copy of Cannibal Open Touch is for the Optimus S (LS670) ONLY.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 (GooManager support!)

[INFO]Feature Update:
Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 has been released! I've added a new feature: OpenRecoveryScript support. Now you may download and flash ROMs using GooManager! Feature seems to be horribly broken. DO NOT USE GOOMANAGER YET![/INFO]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akaalid