[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
And maybe the ability to make phone calls and texts too right?

Excuse my sarcasm but don't you think an ALARM CLOCK in recovery is a bit crazy? The point of a recovery is to get in, do your business, and get out.

True but I really passed out in recovery and was late for work no phone or txt or anything fancy
I remember in qbasic a alarm clock was only like 5 lines of code and if for some reason Your rom was screwed up you would at least have a backup alarm clock its not a bad idea but probably not the greatest

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
True but I really passed out in recovery and was late for work no phone or txt or anything fancy
I remember in qbasic a alarm clock was only like 5 lines of code and if for some reason Your rom was screwed up you would at least have a backup alarm clock its not a bad idea but probably not the greatest

To even have a useful alarm clock in recovery we'd also have to get audio working. Definitely a huge giant waste of R&D in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/201

I found another undocumented feature of Cannibal. It can teleport you 32 years into the past and make a nandroid, before smartphones existed. I'm kind of afraid to open it, might be a Princess phone.

It does this because when you want to flash a zip file, maybe a boot image, the confirmation dialog is (channeling Bobcat Goldthwait here...)
Freakin' backwards from all the other menus, where yes means no and no means yes.

Ok, back in my own body, carry on. :D

The nand on the bottom of this shot.

Reactions: epidenimus

Seditec

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^
May be I am a little to much of a nerd but did anyone else finding that back to the future quote ing hilarious

Sent from my LG-LS670

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

To even have a useful alarm clock in recovery we'd also have to get audio working. Definitely a huge giant waste of R&D in my opinion.
And just think of all the awesome stuff these guys could be doing in the time spent making your advanced partition manager into something invented decades ago.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
^
May be I am a little to much of a nerd but did anyone else finding that back to the future quote ing hilarious

Sent from my LG-LS670

Another feature, how about Recovery GPS? I wanna see what happens when we hit 88mph! "We're gonna see some serious sh*t"

Okay sorry Drew, couldn't resist. Its like my all time favorite movie.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

^LMAO!

Drew, did you back engineer a flux capacitor into this recovery?
Just booted into COT Recovery and testing on I-40 at 88mph. Will report back with results soon... If I get pulled over--present or past--it may be a while longer.
::Goggles and Huey Lewis track...on.::

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Hey Drew,

I like the Advance Backup feature with the Yes and No feature. I think it would be great if you could have the Yes/No option for the restore too.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I know I'm way off base but does our phone have a "beep" function? Or did I too fall asleep at the wheel hitting 88mph?

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Haha fair enough. I don't know what's up with that, but I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

I was trying to flash and audio patch from thekraven.

steps (doing it again now)

Start at main recovery menu.

- install zip from sdcard
-choose zip from sdcard
(make selection)
At "make a nandroid backup?
THIS IS RECOMMENDED!
- Yes - Make a backup
(da doo da doo da doo waiting.........)

Dang, correct GMT time stamp! It was a quirk, nevermind, but thanks for trying, next contestant please. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky