Turning camera shutter sound off

starsofthelid

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Probably my biggest pet peeve with this phone so far.

The shutter still sounds in vibrate and silent mode, and it's LOUD.

It's a Sprint phone in the U.S. and there is no option to turn it off in camera settings.

Is there an app that allows you to have control over this?

treotogo

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Probably my biggest pet peeve with this phone so far.

The shutter still sounds in vibrate and silent mode, and it's LOUD.

It's a Sprint phone in the U.S. and there is no option to turn it off in camera settings.

Is there an app that allows you to have control over this?

The International Version does not offer the ability to "silent" the shutter sound. In fact, I believe in Europe phone manufacturers are required to NOT have a silent option in the camera app.

My AT&T GSIII has the option to silent the shutter. I'm surprised Sprint's would not.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Where is it on the AT&T version? The Rogers version I have is typically the same as AT&T... but I don't see the option. Can you post a screenshot?

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't able to take a screen shot in the camera app, but go to the settings icon (in camera) and it is all the way at the bottom below GPS tag and above storage (you have to scroll).

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have had a Galaxy phone with att and Tmobile. Both have the option to turn off shutter sound. Must be just sprint phones that don't allow it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It is there. When you open the settings in the camera mode you can scroll the options. Scroll down to to the shutter sound in the menu box. What opens up in the menu box is not all the settings.

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys, but I'm in the search for this too and it doesn't exist (At least in my Sprint S3) Here's the link to my camera shutter sound thread (specifically for Sprint as I wasn't sure if it was Sprint or just an ICS thing)

From what I've been reading, it sounds like this is something that was removed from ICS due to one reason or another, but again, something to investigate still.

Reactions: starsofthelid